I stayed for 2 nights in one of the smaller double rooms and paid £90 B&B. I expected the room to be tiny, possibly quite dark and cramped. What I got was a lovely surprise, a very well sized room with a queen sized bed (larger than a double but not kind sized) and a fabulous view through the massive baywindow over the rooftops and down to the Forth. I loved the room and the view made the whole stay wonderful.
The setting is lovely, in a georgain square in the New Town opposite a gated park and is about 10 mins walk into town. The terrace is on a hill so if your room is at the rear the views are quintessential Edinburgh. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. I used the carpark and understood beforehand that it would be small and was just thankful that id found a hotel in the city that had one. I was asked to leave my key if I was blocking someone in, I think the previous reviewer either had an excpetional experience or the night staff need to be better informed.
I ate in the resteraunt and did find the menu limted though the food was very good. Its very very meat/fish orientated, not much for veggies and little veg is served with the meal. Having said that top marks from me, I don't think you would be dissappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham hotel in Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland