My partner and I stayed at The Bonham for the arranged Hogmanay package from Dec 29th to Jan 2nd. Apart from the obvious disapointment of the Street Party being cancelled the hotel was excellent and we still had a great time.
To transfer from Edinburgh airport to the Bonham we got the airlink bus service. This departs from stand 19 outside arrivals and the ticket is £5 each for an open return. The bonham is just a short walk from the west end stop.
The Bonham is in a good location roughly 10-15 minutes from Princes Street.
We stayed in room 306 which had great views accross the water to Fife. The room was spacious and comfortable and was always clean when we came back.
Food & Drink
The Restaurant itself was smart with 2 tables by the window.
The breakfasts and hogmanay brunch were good with a choice of full scottish breakfast, cereals, pastries, cheese and ham etc.
The evening meals were a nice 3 courses every night with a 6 course meal for new years eve. We really enjoyed the food and there was hardly anything we didn't like. We particularly liked the scollops, halibat, rabbit and duck dishes. The wine list was fine with usual hotel high prices.
We couldn't fault the service. Check in was quick and we were given a map of the area with places of interest being circled.
Restaurant service was superb, didn't feel rushed or forgotten.
- A nice touch was a Happy New Year message left outside our door with complimentary whiskey and baileys.
- A nice bar can be found on George Street next to the hard rock cafe, it's called the dome bar and was very nicely decorated for christmas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland