The Bonham Hotel
  • Room Service
$106
$96
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$168
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
$654
$509
1,434 results
All reviewsdrumsheugh gardenswest end of edinburghbay windowbreakfast in bedprinces streetlovely hotelsuperior roomdean villageeggs benedictthird floorquiet locationfull scottish breakfastwithin easy walking distancemini barbeautiful roomhigh ceilingsbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I spend a lot of my life in hotels and will certainly not be staying at the Bonham again.
No real problem with my basement room (other than the beastly smell in the corridor outside which was successfully disguised when I complained but not eliminated!). My beef is with staffing levels and training. When I returned to the hotel at 2345, two other couples had been waiting at Reception to collect keys. No-one in sight. In the end, we had to go behind the desk and help ourselves, as other guests in the lounge complained loudly about the slowness of food and drink service. Plus, at breakfast, quite the rudest waitress I've met in 25 years

Room Tip: avoid Room 6 like the plague unless you like bad smells
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Perrygrinate
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Only one night at our favourite hotel in the world ,in our favourite city in the world, but a delightful break in a v stressful period for our family with our little Edinburgh grandson awaiting a stem cell transplant: batteries recharged to face next stage!
Great view, lovely breakfast, quiet but handy location- thank you. We'll celebrate with you when this hellish journey is over.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here with our Rick Steves tour last month and tacked on extra days here at the beginning and the end of our trip as well. The location was good: in a quiet neighborhood still convenient to the main sights. We upgraded our room to a junior suite (I think that's what it was called) as there were 3 of us -- what a good idea. Our room was very comfortable for us all. I want to especially thank Julie, the manager, who helped us out with a problem we had with a reservation (not one of her making at all). She really went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and I can't tell you how much I appreciated her professionalism and care. The staff is great all around, whether it's the fellow helping with the bags or the bartender helping us choose our drinks. Our stay here made a great first and last impression of the city.

Room Tip: We were in room 100 which was great for a family: there's an extra room that closes off.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Spent almost a week there recently; while I would have preferred something closer to the old city, it is a pleasant 10-15 minute walk with some nice restaurants along the way. The hotel makes up for this distance; we had a lovely, spacious room with a beautiful view; the service is impeccable and super friendly and the breakfasts each morning were the best way to begin a day of touring. I highly recommend the property.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed 2 nights and found the service friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable with a super bathroom. I was initially concerned that it wasn't central but it's an easy 5 minute walk into the centre of the city. The breakfast was great. We didn't have dinner so can't comment on the restaurant. The only negative thing about our stay was that we had ordered a taxi to take us to the railway station but the receptionist on duty forgot to phone the taxi meaning that we missed our train. I think this was one episode of human error rather than a true reflection on the hotel and the hotel were very apologetic and paid for the new fare.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple