The Bonham Hotel
$120
$94
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$235
$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$223
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$124
$98
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Bar/Lounge
$52
Good 3.5/5
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$117
$108
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$79
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
1,430 results
All reviewsdrumsheugh gardenswest end of edinburghbay windowbreakfast in bedprinces streetlovely hotelsuperior roomdean villageeggs benedictthird floorquiet locationfull scottish breakfastwithin easy walking distancemini barbeautiful roomhigh ceilingsbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

After staying in a gorgeous large suite at the Bonham a month previously (which had the best interior design I have ever seen in a hotel), we decided to make use of the one night stay summer deal, which included a three course meal and a lovely bottle of prosecco awaiting us in our room.
The room was obviously smaller than the suite we had previously, but it had a very sophisticated decor and a pleasant view over Drumsheugh gardens.
Dinner was out of this world, as was the breakfast the following morning, but the factor that really makes the Bonham my favourite hotel in Scotland, is the absolutely fantastic service displayed at the bar, the reception and the restaurant. Every member of staff seemed delighted to offer help, and to make sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible.
Thank you again, we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked 4 double rooms for ourselves and family visitors from Kansas. All rooms were very pleasant on the third floor with lovely views over the gardens to the front. Our American relations were a bit disappointed that there was no air conditioning as this was one of the hottest spells of weather. The hotel was able to provide powered fans for some rooms but did not have enough for everyone. We ate out for dinner however breakfast was perfectly satisfactory with a good choice of buffet or a table menu. The car park at the rear was busy when we arrived as there was a wedding reception, we were however able to park and leave our keys at the reception if anyone wanted out. The bar area is very minimal with only bottled beers as well as the usual spirits, wine etc, given the heat, a cool pint of beer would have been welcomed but we were satisfied with our choices. A pleasant change from some of the larger chain hotels. We would stay again if in Edinburgh.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our second time at The Bonham, but this time we were travelling with our teenage children.
We arrived early and the very courteous and helpful person on the desk (sorry i didn't catch his name) checked us in and went through everything with us, including the fact that our double room had been upgraded. Our children has a twin room just around the corner from our room -it was very nice with views over the front of the hotel.
Our room was at the back of the hotel and had fabulous views over Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth. Interestingly this was room 206 -the same room that another reviewer has complained about. The room was large with a bay window with lovely seating area to admire the view. Yes, there appeared to be two single beds, but with a king sized mattress on them with lovely clean bedding. Both my husband and I had a very comfortable night sleep and had no issues with the beds- I have uploaded a photograph which shows the bed area as we arrived with petals scattered on the bed.
The bathroom area was huge. There was a free standing bath which was big enough (well for me anyway, perhaps not my husband who's 6') to fully stretch out. The bath had a hand held shower and there was also a walk-in shower which had three water jets and, according to my husband, was one of the best showers he had had!
Breakfast in the morning was a cold buffet (including smoked salmon, cheeses, ham, pastries variety of cereals, fruit, yogurts) and a menu for hot breakfast items. I had the French toast with bacon and maple syrup, and it was 'to die for.' My husband and kids had variations of the cooked Scottish breakfast and each one came exactly as requested. The staff were all without exception polite and helpful. When we asked for extra toast at breakfast the young girl serving apologised that it had taken a few minutes as there was 'a sudden rush on toast orders!'
The public areas are very smart and clean. Hotel is very convenient for Princess Street and other city center attractions.
Overall would highly recommend this hotel, especially with some of their special offers -check on the website.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fiwilson
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed in the 'Pettite Room' with a friend this week. Room snug, but fresh and clean. Toiletries are from White Company. Short walk to Lothian Rd, Princess Street. Breakfast was very nice - good choice at cold buffet table, cooked breakfast was very nicely done. Overall, good value for money and I would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. The rooms and the decor in the public areas are well thought out. The staff are also great, I have asked many questions and have had a lot of help from them. At first I was asked a few times when I approached staff if I was staying here (I'm a 20 yr old girl travelling alone) so this is expected but the staff soon warmed and are lovely. The only thing I would suggest is bring your own umbrellas as in the room they don't provide one for guests, but they do provide a great hair dryer and beautiful toiletries (shampoo, body wash etc). I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family, good value for money and in terms of service. :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo