Tripadvisor

from $52.79
from $6,268.63
from $139.89
6,344 results
All reviews barrel ride scotch whisky silver tour platinum tour tasting room whisky making amber restaurant sniff cards making process largest collection of whisky free glass single malt private collection irn bru distilling process tasting session wee dram
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Booked the Gold Tour and was very pleased with the experience which included a whiskey in a tasting glass (that you keep as a souvenir) and a flight of four single malts for the final tasting. The whiskey barrel 'ride' was a bit like an amusement park, I did not mind that feeling though, which takes you through the production of whiskey via visual aids. After the ride is a guide provides you a whiskey tasting glass, cards that compare the regions, tasting notes, whiskey and explains how to taste the whiskey properly. Also, you are guided into the incredible large room that houses thousands of whisky bottles all showcased in beautiful glass front cabinets.

At the end, you are brought into the bar area and presented with a flight of four whiskeys for your tasting and I will say the pours were very generous! There is an interactive map of the whiskey regions and each of the distillery's names on the wall so you can make your own notes for future reference.

I really enjoyed the entire experience form start to finish and I learned alot. Full disclosure: I was not a whiskey drinker at all prior to going to Scotland and now I can honestly say I can enjoy whiskey and have an understanding of its nuances by region!

Convenient location: Just a few buildings down from Edinburgh Castle on The Royal Mile.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2020

This was a very fun way to learn a bit about Scotland and about whisky. Our guide Mike was FANTASTIC! The facility is beautiful and staff very friendly. There are varying levels of tours (Silver, gold and Master). Highly recommend!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 18, 2020

We where visiting Edinburgh for our honeymoon and we decided to take the Whisky experience as we have done many different tastings on other spirits such as Tequila in Mexico. We dicided to splash out a little bit and purchase the Gold Experience (The Platinum was fully booked). To our supprise the interactive tour was very well put together and very informative

We got to sample 5 different whiskys during the tour and ended up purchasing two bottles as we where very impressed.

100% recommend a visit here! Will be booking the Platinum package the next time we visit Edinburgh!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

I thought the price was over priced for 1 taster of whiskey.
Yes it explains alot about the whiskey making process and different areas it is produced but most of the information comes from watching a film you could probably watch on YouTube for free.

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Me and my wife went took the Platinum Experience and we had a blast. We learn a lot of stuff about whiskey and the regions in Scotland. We also enjoyed the whiskeys we sampled. We never had whiskey with chocolate and it was quite an experience. My wife is not particularly fond of whiskey but she really enjoyed the tour and liked all the whiskeys we tried.

Date of experience: January 2020