“Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #20 of 418 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Take a barrel ride as you actually become part of the whisky making process. Experience for yourself our regional whiskies and whether you like fruity, sweet or smoky flavours our experts will help you select your perfect dram.Enter the vault containing the world's largest collection of Scotch Whiskies and enjoy a special tutored nosing and tasting. Explore Scotland's whisky history from the very beginnings through to the global success of today.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit especially as there were quite a few of us in our party of 8 who didnt know all that much about whisky before we went in. Had a brilliant time there, tour lasted an hour we were there, in the shop and the bar for over 2! Would highly recomend this attraction.

ScotchWhiskyExp, Manager at The Scotch Whisky Experience, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad your party enjoyed their visit to both the tour, shop and bar!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This for me was a bit of an average, but enjoyable experience although I have absolutely no interest in whiskey! My partner however does and thoroughly enjoyed the exoerience. It takes you through how whiskey is made, then you do some tasting and on to the worlds largest whiskey collection. It was interesting and I enjoyed it a lot more than I believed I would. The price is very reasonable and all the staff very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found your visit to be enjoyable despite not being a fan of Whisky! I'm glad you found it to be value for money and that your partner really enjoyed the tour. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. I will pass on to the team.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Sister gave the Platinum package to both my wife and I as a birthday present because we both love the water of life. Our guide Pam was excellent and very chatty. The drams were good and the food was okay, if a little fancy for a true representation of Scottish fare, especially the pudding which failed miserably.

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed Pam's Platinum tour. I am sorry that our food did not meet your expectations. We'd be interested to know which pudding you had. Please email us with your comments.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was my second visit to this attraction with a friend who wanted to learn a little about whisky. We elected for the Gold tour which proved to be excellent.

Often with these type of attractions the guide you end up with can make or break it. We were lucky to have Iain who was knew his stuff and was a good communicator. The information on the tour itself is fairly basic but informative and presented in different ways. A key part of the tour is the way that visitors gain some understanding of the main whisky producing areas in scotland and the differences in the single malt whisky from each. We then remained in the bar area for a while and sampled our 4 single malts which were included in the tour. Then another whisky each and a coffee. Great place to visit and 2½ hours flew by.

May well return with another friend in the future.

1  Thank Piper348

Many thanks for visiting us twice and for posting your comments! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Gold tour and do hope you will come back again with more friends! We do spend a lot of time training our staff so irrespective of the tour guide, every visitor will have the same 5 star experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon! Slainte!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Definetly worth a tour. price was resonable and you get a free gift on the tour.
largest collection of whisky in the world...if you like this kind of thing then definetly have a look.
it takes about an hour.
tour guide was so friendly and the tour was available in about 20 languages.

Many thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to us. Hope you are enjoying using your Glencairn glass at home!