“Fascinating and appealing to all ages”
Review of Dynamic Earth

Ranked #39 of 417 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A visit to Dynamic Earth is like nothing else on Earth. It's a chance to experience the primeval forces of nature as they shaped our planet, to journey through space and time and even go on a 4DVENTURE around the world. You'll be embarking on the interactive adventure of a lifetime - the lifetime of our planet. As if this wasn't enough, Dynamic Earth is home to Scotland's only 360 degree full dome film theatre. We have a variety of films showing throughout the year.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I took my 15 and 10 year old children along with their grandparents to visit and we all enjoyed it.
The different rooms are fascinating and the way you travel from one to another really enhances the experience. We loved the polar region and the storm in the rainforest.
The restaurant serves very reasonable and copious tasty food too!

1  Thank Niki M

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I visited today with my husband and two girls who are 2 and 4. It is a great place to go looks great and is interesting throughout I particularly enjoyed the 4D part and the girls loved to large block of ice. The staff were amazing and the cafe is excellent and fab value. Would defiantly go again.

1  Thank Lynne-Laing
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I really enjoyed this experience. I took all the time I wanted in the information halls, rather than taking up the offer of the next 'show' or 'talk'. This gave me time not only to read the information and look at the images and displays but actually take it in and make sense of it. The plate tectonics and polar sections were the best IMO, but the experience is well designed and offers interactive exhibits, film shows and experience halls, appealing to a broad spectrum of visitor. I spent 2 hours emerged in the attraction, I think most spend about an hour and a half.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

One is drawn into the experience from the start. It is rather aimed at children but is interesting enough to keep adults entertained. Well worth a visit, and easy to park too.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I must admit to being sceptical about making geology interesting enough to base a museum on, but this place really works. The whole time travel thing wore through with the teens very quickly but the quality of the displays and information more than made up for it. We covered science, history, evolution and climate change all in an interesting and engaging fashion. Was easily one of the best stops on our recent visit to Edinburgh and as a larger family with both young children and teens we are not always easy to please. Would recommend.