“Have kids? Must see it!”
Review of Dynamic Earth

Ranked #38 of 402 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A visit to Dynamic Earth is like nothing else on Earth. It's a chance to experience the primeval forces of nature as they shaped our planet, to journey through space and time and even go on a 4DVENTURE around the world. You'll be embarking on the interactive adventure of a lifetime - the lifetime of our planet. As if this wasn't enough, Dynamic Earth is home to Scotland's only 360 degree full dome film theatre. We have a variety of films showing throughout the year.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Have kids? Must see it!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is greatest place in Edinburgh! My daughters spent there looooong hours and they hadn't enough. It's obvious we'll have to come back. Excellent educational stuff and fantastic movie. I wish I was a child. Highly recommended for all who want to see how science may be interesting even for kids or teens.

Visited April 2013

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great (educational) fun!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Dynamic earth was a great morning out with the family on half term - our kids (3 & 5) really enjoyed it and were excited by the idea of time travelling. each attraction is fun and has something to attract a variety of ages. Our 5 year old particularly enjoyed it.
Staff were friendly and knowledgable and made the experience even more enjoyable.

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Made me feel like a kid again!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Me and my boyfriend took a visit to Dynamic earth on a weekend away to Edinburgh and we had a fab time! I hadn't been since I was little and wasn't sure what to expect but everything was brilliant.

All the staff were very helpful and informative and were very open to questions. The way they interacted with the kids was brilliant and they all seemed to be having a good time.

Lots of different exhibits jam packed with information and fun facts. The man at the rainforest part was great, he had so much to say! The new cinema and 3d ride were fun.

An all round great day out, definitely worth the money.

Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went with my wife and kids on a day out in Edinburgh.
I think I was actually more excited than them, its a great place and has so much goin on!
Perfect for a day out! Had never been to anything like this before, my school trips were to York!(says it all) so sharing this with them was great!

Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Day out -very much worth it.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

As part of the mid term February break we went through to Edinburgh to enjoy this attraction / exhibition.

Our boys are 11 and 9 and having been here- would say that is just about the right age to start getting most out of it. The displays and exhibits are a mix of interactive, film and normal static features. It is undergoing a bit of refurbishment, which will bring it more up to date with holographic shows, but it is still pretty decent standard.

We spent nearly 3 hours here , it was relatively quiet and overall would recommend it for families with children from about 8 years up.