“Sheraton Steps up again! And not because of Tauck Tours”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Sheraton Steps up again! And not because of Tauck Tours”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The first night we had a castle view room that was very nice. It is worth the extra money. The room was larger and I had a clock right outside my window. I watched the time and the people passing by. It was hard getting use to the time change. The first night I paid for the room and the next three nights Tauck Tours paid for the small parking lot view room. The service was the same, GREAT! The bathrooms are wonderful! I can't say anything but thanks for a perfect stay. I wish I paid for the upgrade. It wasn't much more. We had vouchers for dinner at the hotel because of the tour. The food was five star. We ate at local places too but the hotel .... wonderful!

Room Tip: Get a castle view room on teh 6ht floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Empathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and myself enjoyed a fabulous 2 night stay ,sat and sun,we booked in to one spa for a relaxing Sunday morning,quite simply fabulous ! All staff,especially the bar staff,who are very attentive and courteous,are brilliant,the building looks a bit shabby from outside,but once you are inside,it is more than worth the visit,a definite return is on the cards :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ali610
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I just wanted to say what a lovely experience I had with the Sheraton Grand hotel and spa. I did not stay there myself but my husband did and he could not rave about it anymore! The Front Office manager - Stuart Massie was quick to respond to my requests and gave exceptional personal service to my husband who was travelling without his family for the first time. Way to go Mr. Massie, staff like yourself are why guests like us keep coming back and back again. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ilovepeaches
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted at your review and will take great pleasure in sharing this with the team here, especially Stuart, our Head Concierge.
Thank you also for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

It was a short 1 night stay. I arrived quite early in the morning, and Louis from Reception was very warm and welcoming, in fact he has been a great help throughout my stay.

The club castle view suite was ready for me by 1030am and thank you, Louis! I needed to see someone from events about an upcoming event in August and again he pointed me at the right direction and I spoke to Holly from events in the afternoon, she is superb and made some wonderful suggestions and also wrote to me the following day to follow up the next steps.

We finished the day with a very nice meal in the One Square restaurant for our group of 10, with the level of service we had, it was worth every penny we spent! Michal(I hope I spelt it right) is the best!

I travel around the globe and often stay with Starwood, this hotel in my view is one of the best, especially the people here.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank ECEJon
Dear Guest
Thank you for this amazing five star review of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us here in Edinburgh and thank you for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your very kind words with the team here, in particular Louis and Holly, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had a castle view room and was impressed with the staff, cleanliness, and location of the hotel. The castle, Grassmarket, Princess/Rose St. all within walking distance, and a fair amount of local pubs/restaraunts in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ScottyG23
Dear Guest
Thank you for this five star review of your recent stay with us here at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for the recommendation, it is really appreciated.
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is ok looking and the staff in the bar restaurant are very nice. My main complaint is the manager,the staff at the front desk and the concierge desk except the main concierge. We were given directions to a restaurant that first night which was no longer there by personel at front desk. We were also almost told to go to the wrong train station, but luckily the main concierge overhead the conversation and corrected the mistake.The first night we got there they upgraded us to a club room which was great. We have been upgraded to a club level numerous times and have never not been given access to the club room. But we found out that we were given a club room but not access to the club facility for breakfast etc. I talked to the manager and he would not budge and was somewhat arrogant about the whole thing. Although he did offer us points ,but wouldn't it have been nicer to given us access since we are such supportive starwood members.
I find that sheraton hotels staff are not given high level training on how to treat guests. I would think twice about going to another sheraton hotel and may even opp out to go to another chain if a higher level hotel is not available. Too bad.

Room Tip: Go if your a platinum level-and get a castle room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rbjmsol1
SheratonEdinburgh, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for review your stay with us, however I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and disappointed to read your comments. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at rob.vaneyck@sheraton.com to discuss this further.
Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Rob Van Eyck
Front Office Manager
Portugal
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great hotel, beautiful modern rooms and bathrooms and great spa facilities. Highly recommended! We only stayed for a few days and the hotel location was great to explore the city and the Spa is a nice adition for a relaxing afternoon after a day walking around the city!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple