“Great 5 star hotel, amazing spa , breath-taking views”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
east lothian
“Great 5 star hotel, amazing spa , breath-taking views”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed in the Sheraton for just one night before Christmas and was luck enough to be upgraded to a club room with amazing views of Edinburgh Castle. We booked via lastminute and had a number of problems with the booking( lastminute .com issues) but the front desk manager did everything he could to help resolve the situation and in the end gave us the upgraded room at no extra cost. Worth checking if access to the spa is included in room rate, it's a lovely full service spa with outdoor hot-tub overlooking Edinburgh castle . You can access the indoor pool without extra charge but the spa is squally around £35 per person extra unless included in room rate. When we used it in December the hot tub wasn't warm enough to compensate for the chilly Scottish wind so I would have been disappointed if I had paid extra to access this, though the thermal rooms, sauna etc are all really nice. The bedrooms are really nice, following refurbishment with cool lighting and speakers throughout room and bathroom. We didn't eat in the hotel but the restuarants and breakfast area have a more corporate feel than relaxing few days away.

If I was going to edinburgh for a special weekend away I would still choose the Balmoral as it has more of a personal feel but the Sheraton is still a great hotel, with comfy beds and friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra go for a castle view room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GGedin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just returned from a one night stay and wish it had been longer stayed in the King Castle Club Room and would recommend to anyone looking to be pampered and have the treat of receiveing 1st class customer service from check in to check out - The room was stunning and the Club Lounge amazing the staff were exceptional and it exceeded our expectations of what customer service should be nothing was too much trouble and every single memeber of staff in the Club Lounge on Saturday night was a credit to the hotel and is one of the reasons we had such an amazing time and can't recommend this hotel highly enough. I actually booked tmy stay with a 3rd party company and was a great deal I actually felt quite embarrased for the price I paid and the level of service we encountered during the whole stay.

Room Tip: King Castle Club Room most definately worth the extra and if you can go for suite can only imagine h...
3 Thank Wendy R
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this fantastic five star review of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted that you had such a wonderful time and enjoyed the luxury and views of one of our Castle facing Club Rooms. I will take tremendous pleasure in sharing your comments with the teams here and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The room was nicely designed, with pleasant colours and furniture; not very big but it has everything one wishes for a comfortable stay. Bed is large and the room is quite well soundproofed. Managing the lights was initially a bit complicated, but it got easy after we`ve found the instructions.
The swimming pool is terrific. It can get crowded at times as the guests from the spa are coming there as well, however we asked at the reception at what hours can we expect the pool to be empty (or at least not full) and we followed the advice.
Breakfast was good, we just missed more vegetables or at least some pickled cucumbers or olives. All that was there was a small dish with sliced tomatoes. There was a selection of smoked fish (trout, salmon), but no lemon - we had to ask personnel to bring some slices. Other than that, very good.
We had a great weekend and will come again here when staying in Edinburgh.

1 Thank pickytraveller66
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I had the best stay this week in the most gorgeous hotel I have ever been in. You are made to feel special and welcome at all times. The rooms are second to none, spacious, modern and the most comfortable you will ever experience. The spa is gorgeous with a very relaxing atmosphere, the perfect place to spend a magic moment and unwind!

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this wonderful five star review. I am delighted that you had a such a great time here in Edinburgh and enjoyed your stay.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your very kind words with the teams here, and thank you once again for taking the time to share your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times and it has never let me down. Awesome location! Centrally located but not too loud. Wonderful rooms, great amenities, and a great staff. We particularly enjoyed the gym/spa area with one of the best hotel pools I've ever seen. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Edinburgh.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have never been compelled to write a review, but after our weekend stay at the Sheraton I felt I just had to. Having stayed in many hotels around the world over the years, I have to say the level of customer service, cleanliness & friendly atmosphere is the best I have ever experienced, nothing was too much trouble.
The Spa was relaxing & the therapists were very experienced, for both my friends & I being in their presence made us feel very confident in their ability, certainly the best facial I have every had, thank you Laura.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night, once again the service we received was top notch, attentive without being obtrusive, food was very tasty, with the menu offering a good choice, puddings were to die for!
The location is central, around 15 mins walk from the station, or if you are feeling lazy, like us 5 mins £7 in a taxi. Having said that, all the main attractions are within easy walking distance, the Royal Mile, Edinburgh castle etc.
So if you need a central hotel in Edinburgh with impeccable service, the most luxurious spa, couple, girlie groups & family friendly look no further than the Sheraton Edinburgh, I am in the process of booking my second visit to take my Husband & son back there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for this amazing five star review, I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have personally passed on your kind words to Laura at One Spa who was equally delighted. I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and we all very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back.
Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This really is a superb hotel, with superior service, and some of the most friendly staff we have experienced anywhere. Lovely modern hotel, recently renovated, with superior service standards. The club room is excellent, and the staff couldn't have been better.

We also had lunch at their restaurant, which was excellent.

Only hitch was that a pending charge was put on our credit card, which may have been for the room charges, but was still there a week later, which isn't good.

But all in all, 5 stars.