“Superb stay at the Sheraton”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Arbroath, United Kingdom
“Superb stay at the Sheraton”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Loved this hotel from the moment we arrived. Reception staff were extremely friendly and we were checked in quickly.

We requested a room with a castle view which we received. The room was extremely clean with everything we needed. I think the bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Even though our room was at the front of the hotel you don't get disturbed by street / road noise.

We had a few drinks in the hotel bar and a meal at the restaurant - I would definately recommend eating here - it was amazing.

Never had breakfast at the hotel so can't comment - but if it's anything like their evening meal it will be excellent.

We also paid to use the spa facilities - I loved this. The outside hydropool was brilliant.

The location of the hotel is ideal as you can walk to all the local attractions quite easily.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Castle - there doesn't seem to be much to look out onto at the...
1 Thank Smokie J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip. The hotel was fantastic but the trip did not start well as my luggage did not arrive with me. Airline was awful and i could not reach them over the phones they were giving in the web... I asked from the hotel if they have the telephone of the airline agent and without even telling me after a couple of hours they found my luggage! This is what i call professionalism and hospitality. Thanks a lot to the team for the fantastic support - keep up!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this wonderful five star review of your recent stay with us here at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and even more delighted that the team here managed to assist you in finding your lost luggage for you. I can appreciate that this would have been a stressful situation, therefore delighted that the team here were able to help.
Thank you once again for the recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Best regards
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Visited Feb 2014 for 3 night leisure break. Location of hotel is excellent. Princes street is 5 mins walk away, Castle is 10 mins uphill walk. Airport 100 bus (every 15 mins) stops 5 mins walk away on Princes street (approx 25 mins journey to airport and £4 single) otherwise taxi rank outside hotel.

Hotel staff were all very helpful (reception, concierge, bar staff, spa staff) and very efficient. Had a superking room on 6th floor with great view of castle. Rooms very large, comfy bed, and decent bath/shower.

Used hotel bar for drinks and food which were reasonably priced and great service. We also used the spa which was excellent. I think the £30 guest fee is reasonable considering the quality of facilities. If they did not charge a fee it would be very busy and not a relaxing experience.

We did not order breakfast at hotel as there are several options nearby.

Gym was very good with decent facilities. One negative was some excessive night noise although this was from other hotel guests.

Would definitely return to Sheraton, Edinburgh.

Tips:

> Do visit the spa, allow 3 hours
> Paying extra for a view of the castle was well worth it
> Try one of the G&Ts in hotel bar
> For a nice walk, head direct from hotel up to Castle, then continue down the Royal Mile (shops /cafes/bars etc) to Holyrood Palace/Park, climb Arthur's seat and then find a bar which will be a well deserved drink.

Room Tip: View of castle worth upgrade
Dear Guest
Thank you for your fantastic five star review of your recent 3 night stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had such a great time here in Edinburgh and enjoyed your stay with us. I am really pleased that you found time in your busy schedule to take advantage of the offer at One Spa for hotel guests, and enjoyed relaxing after a busy day sightseeing. I also agree with you that a climb up Arthur's Seat is a great place to go and take in the stunning Edinburgh scenery.
Thank you sincerely once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here and couldn't have been happier. Why?
We live close to Edinburgh and due to renovations in our house we decided to stay in an Edinburgh hotel for our first hotel stay ever in our own city ! We chose the Sheraton Grand purely because of its local reputation and location.

The bedroom on the 7th floor, a Clubroom is definitely worth the cost. (See our pic of the stunning sunrise over Edinburgh Castle). The hotel is set back from the road, so no traffic noise at all, which is unusual in a city centre. The room design and lighting is quite dramatic and sumptuous, making us want to linger in our room. The most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in....I want to buy it for home !

The Clubroom offered us wine, good nibbles and cheese and brought us a menu to consider for their restaurant 'OneSquare' on the ground floor, which we had heard good reports about. What a relaxed way to start the evening. The Clubroom staff were chatty and telling us about dishes they knew to be particularly special.
On the way to the restaurant we saw a couple having a 'gin tasting experience' which looked great fun (note for my next visit !).

The dinner in OneSquare was an experience. Try and get a window table for 2 overlooking the beautiful Usher Hall and Castle. The menu had a broad choice. I had Scottish smoked salmon followed by slow cooked beef cheek, my wife had a potted duck starter and fillet steak. Every course was sublime and the wine tips were helpful. The staff were so professional and friendly.

Next morning my wife visited the Spa while I went to a business meeting and she had a 'heavenly time' ! There is a hot tub the size of a small swimming pool on the roof.

From the minute we arrived the staff were outstanding. The standard of genuinely helpful staff and relaxed chic decor made us feel quite spoiled. We'll be back again for a special occasion without needing the excuse of building chaos at home !

Room Tip: Go for the Club bedroom on the top floors with easy access to the Clubroom to lounge in ! Don't...
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and I am delighted that you also found time to experience One Spa. I have shared your comments with the team here who are equally pleased at your very kind words, and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the very near future.
Thank you once again, it is very much appreciated.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

All started off so well as our car was taken away, parked and when we arrived in our room the luggage was already there! What a beautiful and luxurious room. Sheraton have thought of everything, from mood lighting to a variety of connections to hook devices up the the tv. The most enormous bed I have ever slept in. Staff could not have been more helpful. We will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for this excellent five star review of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted at your very kind words that I have shared with the team already, and very much look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.
Thank you once again, this feedback is very much appreciated.
South Shields, England
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Went away with my girlfriend for valentines weekend and among arrival every other couple were greeted with a glass of champagne, but because we were in a same sex partnership we didn't receive this.
However this wasn't a huge issue and we went back up to the room before deciding to go for drinks in the bar the waiter was nice and friendly but as soon as he found out we were gay he went quiet and unpleasant. However there was a very nice concierge called Glen who was willing to help and extremely nice

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank poweroftheblonde
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh and I’m very sorry to hear your feedback regarding your experience on Valentine’s Day.

At the Sheraton Edinburgh, we embrace diversity and are proud supporters of the LGBT community, and in fact we have hosted several civil partnership events at the hotel. Our company strives to be the industry benchmark for diversity & inclusion where all guests and associates are valued and respected. If you would like to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on Tristan.Nesbitt@sheraton.com and I will arrange a time speak with you on the phone.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Had a wonderfully relaxing ONE spa experience with my girlfriends on the 27/2/2014, we all felt extremely rejuvenated afterwards. Would defintely recommend the Time page. Thank you so much Michelle....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends