Visited Feb 2014 for 3 night leisure break. Location of hotel is excellent. Princes street is 5 mins walk away, Castle is 10 mins uphill walk. Airport 100 bus (every 15 mins) stops 5 mins walk away on Princes street (approx 25 mins journey to airport and £4 single) otherwise taxi rank outside hotel.
Hotel staff were all very helpful (reception, concierge, bar staff, spa staff) and very efficient. Had a superking room on 6th floor with great view of castle. Rooms very large, comfy bed, and decent bath/shower.
Used hotel bar for drinks and food which were reasonably priced and great service. We also used the spa which was excellent. I think the £30 guest fee is reasonable considering the quality of facilities. If they did not charge a fee it would be very busy and not a relaxing experience.
We did not order breakfast at hotel as there are several options nearby.
Gym was very good with decent facilities. One negative was some excessive night noise although this was from other hotel guests.
Would definitely return to Sheraton, Edinburgh.
> Do visit the spa, allow 3 hours
> Paying extra for a view of the castle was well worth it
> Try one of the G&Ts in hotel bar
> For a nice walk, head direct from hotel up to Castle, then continue down the Royal Mile (shops /cafes/bars etc) to Holyrood Palace/Park, climb Arthur's seat and then find a bar which will be a well deserved drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand has been Edinburgh's gathering place for many years and it is the perfect place to discover this unique destination. From the moment you set foot inside the granite-floored lobby, you'll feel welcome. One Square, our restaurant and bar, serves a delicious range of classic British dishes all day long, while our beautiful bedrooms blend contemporary comfort and Scottish materials with cutting-edge technology. Of course, some things at the Sheraton have always been unbeatable, from One Spa's iconic rooftop Hydropool, to the breath-taking views of Edinburgh Castle. We can't wait to share them with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Grand Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Edinburgh
- Sheraton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Grand Hotel Sheraton
- Edinburgh Sheraton Spa
- Sheraton Spa Edinburgh
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, Scotland