“Great Service and Location”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Service and Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Service was impeccable. Rooms comfortable, view fantastic if you get the right room and on a higher level. Overall clean and stylish. Spa - very good. Location superb. Breakfast excellent. Going to Edinburgh? Stay here.....

3 Thank Martin P
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this amazing review of your recent stay with us whilst visiting Edinburgh. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend with us and will certainly share your very kind comments. Thank you once again for this great recommendation, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Warm regards
Tristan Nesbitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel very modern,rooms very well equipped I was in the classic room. The bar area and lounges were all well laid out and you could always get a seat. Location brilliant for visiting Edinburgh. Good on site parking. Excellent spa with good facilities

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Staff Amazing, Rooms outstanding quality, must see spa best -world class, Hotels should take a leaf from the Sheraton as all staff are trained to a very high level.Room was of highest quality and hotel was stunning, Restaurant -Food Amazing, A Must See.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this fantastic review. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and really glad that you had such a great time. I am particularly delighted with the comments about the staff and service, which I will take great pleasure in sharing with everyone here.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Andre Brose
Executive Assistant Manager
Merseyside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa for Valentines weekend, my husband booked this as a special treat. What a beautiful contemporary hotel, the room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable. Disappointed that the hotel charged for wi-fi in the room for each appliance. I have stayed in lower star hotels and it was part of the package. We did get round this, but that is not the point!!!!!

Not too keen on the toilet door/ bathroom being so open plan but that is just my opinion, my husband liked the design. Also the bath taps were incorrectly fitted. Hot water ran cold and cold ran hot!!!!

Valentine meal in the restaurant was so tasty & by the end of the meal, you were quite full. Service was very good, nothing too much trouble.

Breakfast - very good, lots of choice and even catered for my gluten free diet which was helpful.
Spa - husband booked a full body massage for me as a treat with Jamie, and I can honestly say it was one of the best I have ever had. It is a true luxury Spa area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for this review on Trip Advisor. I am really pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great Valentine's weekend.
I am sorry to learn that the taps in the bathroom are incorrect, and I will ensure that these are fixed, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
On a positive note, I have also shared your very kind words with the team at One Spa and in particular Jamie, who will be equally pleased.
Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Andre Brose
Executive Assistant Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We are currently staying in this hotel. The decor is clean, modern and luxurious without being stuffy. The hotel is big on technology. Our room has all sorts of light and sound gadgets that we do not understand in the slightest. The location is very nice in the theater district. Upscale, feels safe and easy to get to city center shops, restaurants and tourist sites.

Also, there is a great block next door with many Thai and Chinese restaurants.

The price is high, but this is by far the nicest hotel we have seen during our trip through Scotland (in several hotels). The only major downside is they charge for internet access, per device.

1 Thank Charles S
SheratonEdinburgh, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing these comments on your stay with us. I am unsure if you are still here, but I would be delighted to assist you with regards to the technology in your room. Please dial 0 on the phone for the Guest Service Centre and ask for the Duty Manager who would be delighted to help you.
I am glad that you are enjoying your time in Edinburgh and please do stop by the Reception desk as we would be delighted to meet you in person.
Warm regards
Murray Scott
Front Office Manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Excellent hotel as you'd expect for the price. Lovely rooms, great bed, bar, location all great - you can't not like it. We had a Club Room which included internet access, continental breakfast, free soft drinks throughout the day and snacks and alcohol for two hours in the evening plus Spa entry. I think Club Level is well worth the extra if there's two of you and you're going to make good use of the free drinks, internet and Spa. Spa for two people will set you back £50 per day otherwise.

The Spa is lovely but the outside pool could do with being a bit hotter. I'm sure it's perfect in the summer but in the winter it just wasn't hot enough. Having also sampled the main hotel breakfast I'd say it's not worth the money, I think it was £17.50 Nice enough but not £17.50 nice.

The shower is marginally better than a watering can which was disappointing. Not up to the standard of the rest of the room. It wasn't faulty as we switched rooms due to another issue and the shower was just as weak in the second room so it's a feature of the hotel.

Lovely hotel and I'd stay there again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel the day before as a last minute get away. It was a Fantastic hotel, friendly, helpful staff and excellent value for money. The rooms were beautiful, we especially liked the mood lighting in the bathroom. I just wish we'd stayed for more than one night.

• Stayed January 2014
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guests
Thank you for this fantastic review of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you plan to come back in the near future.
Thank you once again, your kind words are very much appreciated.
Tristan Nesbitt