“Exudes quality”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for two nights recently when attending an conference at the nearby Edinburgh International Conference Centre. The hotel is extremely well located for such events, being less than 5 mins walk from EICC.

The doorman and staff at Reception on arrival were welcoming and efficient. Our room, with a great view of the Castle, was clean, comfortable and modern. The bed was huge and gave a good night's sleep. The bathroom was functional but the shower could have been more powerful. However, it's high time that high-end chain hotels like this provided free wifi for their customers and for this, I'm deducting a star.

Breakfast could be taken from an a la carte menu or the breakfast buffet (£20pp for those on room only). The buffet offered a wide range of well prepared hot and cold dishes, with tea and coffee served direct to the table. An anomaly with the bill when we shared a table with other conference delegates was quickly sorted out.

The bar is pleasant and well-staffed.

Check out was as efficient as check-in and I would not hesitate to return on a future visit to Edinburgh.

1  Thank Sandsy40
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a great stay and thank you for your very kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights at the Sheraton while in Edinburgh for business. The hotel is wonderful. The rooms were large and the ambiance reminded me more of a W than a Sheraton. Felt like I was in a higher end hotel.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. If you can try to get a room with a Castle view. Also, very much within walking distance of any tourist attractions. Extremely happy with my stay and I stay in many hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Katieharbath
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The room was very nice, it was comfortable, clean and quiet. I got the impression that it had recently been refurbished. It had a bath and a separate shower, the shower had a large diameter shower head and the temperature was easy to control. The lighting in the room had different "moods", It seemed to be computer controlled and the bathroom was mostly multi-colour led strips and down lighters. The temperature of the room was difficult to control, it was supposed to be automatic and had a temperature display which didn't bear much resemblance to reality, either for the actual temperature of the room or the target temperature. Wi-fi was not free, it had to be paid for which for a hotel costing this much shouldn't be the case. I found the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. There was a pool which I used and a spa which was extra but worth it, it had an amazing hydopool on the roof in the open air with heated water with bubbles going through, very relaxing.

1  Thank Ludwig
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Edinburgh on Sunday night, November 17, 2013. The hotel is well located, although a liitle far from the old town. The quality of the refurbished rooms is great, the service at the front desk very professional and the service in the restaurant and bar very pleasant. The quality of the food is a little disappointing. The food is traditional and heavy. Not very creative and healthy. When I have to be in Edinburgh again for business in the new town, then for sure I will stay at the Sheraton.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed at The Sheraton for 3 days and everything was more than what I expected.the staff were very helpful and the room so comfortable I was hard pushed to get out of bed for breakfast which had a really good selection

• Stayed: October 2013
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for this superb five star review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, I genuinely appreciate your very kind words and comments. I agree that our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds that are in all of our bedrooms are extremely comfortable, and glad that you enjoyed our Scottish breakfast buffet.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed November 17, 2013

What a fantastic hotel! From the moment we arrived, 2 hours earlier than scheduled check in, we had amazing service. We were given rooms immediately even though they were not adjacent which did not bother us in the slightest as it mean we could drop luggage and freshen up before lunch. The facilities are incredible. You simply must take time out to indulge in the spa facilities which are first class. The outdoor spa is simply fantastic. The rooms are luxurious with mood lighting, and even the little things like ironing board and iron in each room make it so convenient. The attention to detail is awesome, and the staff could not be any more helpful. Would definitely stay again if we are ever visiting the lovely city of Edinburgh!

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are very similar, we stayed on the 6th floor which was superb, no noise an...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MandyDef

Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for this fantastic five star review of your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you recommending the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa as a place to stay when visiting Edinburgh.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Clean , modern and well equipped rooms with bathrobes, slippers, minibar,hairdrayer complementary tea and coffee, steam iron and of course the flat screen t.v. The staff are helpful polite informative and have the ability to make you feel special. We were greeted at the entrance where we were helped with our luggage, as we were checking in the receptionist quickly realised it was my husbands birthday & we immediately received an upgraded with a castle view and 2 completely drinks. This introduction was just the beginning of a gr8t 4 day stay.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Alice B
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Alice & Klaus
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for sharing with the Trip Advisor community. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make it even more special when we found out it was a special occasion for your husband. I am sure you had an amazing time celebrating in our beautiful city.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.