“Spa heaven!”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton recently for a business trip. The hotel was an excellent location. Staff were always friendly and eager to help. Good restaurant (try the langoustines!)with pretty good breakfast buffet. But the best thing about this hotel was definitely the spa - with a thermal circuit including laconium, tepidarium, hammam, dry saunas, steam room with aroma, ice areas, fog shower, and to top it all off a roof top indoor/outdoor pool with hydro jets. Sadly the view from the rooftop pool was slightly lacking (can't be helped) but apart from that I could have stayed there all day!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ali3888

Reviewed May 6, 2013

If there are any conference organisers out there, who are looking for a superb venue in Edinburgh then you need look know further than the Sheraton. From start to finish the wonderful team at this hotel did not put a foot wrong either before or during our 3 day event.
Yes the Sheraton is not the cheapest venue in the city but please dont be put off. The sales team were happy to review our budgets and work with us to suggest how we could achieve our objectives without breaking the bank, there was no sense of being encouraged to spend more than we could afford which I have experienced at other conference hotels. ~Abigail and Lucy were the best hotel sales/delivery team that I have come across
However there is a sense that you get what you pay for with the Sheraton and the attention to detail at this hotel was staggering. As organisers we were all able to relax and enjoy the event because we knew that everything was in hand and that every item on the programme had been well briefed in.
The award winning food and drinks were superb, the bedrooms are all of a very high standard and spotless, the support for the conference production was just amazing and the conference facilities are spot on. Blair and his team went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time.
It is often the service which makes or breaks an event. I have no idea how I am going to top this hotel next year. I have been running and attending conferences for many years and I have never had such a wonderful experience as I have had at the Sheraton. If you get chance to visit this hotel then please do, you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Claire L
SheratonEdinburgh, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your experience of staying with us and using the hotel for your conference. I am truly delighted at your comments and thank you for going into such detail as this is exactly the service we strive to deliver to every guest and client.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back, whether it be for business or pleasure.
Warm regards
Andre Brose
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This review is lonnnnnnnnnng overdue, but I still think fondly back on my stay there last fall. My boyfriend and I came in for a destination wedding and I was able to snag a great rate here. We booked a flight that brought us into the UK early in the morning and I emailed ahead to let them know that I would be arriving before lunchtime to the hotel. I was informed that it wasn't guaranteed, and working in the industry, I wasn't expecting them to have a room for me at arrival. I was pleasantly surprised that they did in fact have a room ready for us at our 11am arrival. We loved the modern bathroom as well as the complimentary computer use at Sheraton Link. Every staff member we encountered, from the desk to the doormen to housekeeping were absolutely wonderful and if I ever make it across the pond again, I will certainly seek out this welcoming and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a Club room. The hotel was lovely and the staff were excellent. I would like to say a special thanks to the two ladies who staffed the Club Lounge when we were there, they were very pleasant and efficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie H
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in room 301 and had a slight view of the castle.

The room was lovely, clean and well equipped. There was a separate shower and bath.

Situated ideally for the City and is only a short walk ( 5 mins). The hotel has views of the castle ....our room 301 had a restricted view of the castle as it was at the far end. May be worth asking for a room mid hotel and slightly higher than level 3.

The staff at the hotel were all friendly and helpful. The food we had was all lovely. The hotel was immaculately clean.

The gym was upto date and plenty of equpment. The changing rooms were lovely with all ESPA products to use. (even a body dryer) . Lockers with digital locker codes so no need for a pound coin.

The room rate included use of the pool, cleopatra baths (single jacuzzi) and gym. However there was a thermal area which had sauna, steam , roof top hydra pool. If I had one complaint this would be that there was additional fee of £30 each to use this area which I thought was a little excessive and should be included in the room rate for this level of hotel.

We would definately stay in this hotel if we were visiting Edinburgh. However it is a long way for us to go.

Room Tip: ask for mid located room with castle view level 3 plus.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank susan1warwickshire
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is huge, but the staff all keep it friendly with everyone being served as if you are their only guest. Gym is fairly good, swimming pool also of good quality with add ons such as steam room etc., Food is good, typical international 5 star affair. Rooms are up to date, with nice decour, slightly on the small size but nothing to moan about for 2 or 3 nights stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JumboMcNutt
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a great long weekend in Edinburgh at the Sheraton. The location is great. The Castle is 15 minutes walk. Princes Street is similar or less. The room was immaculate. The people were efficient and polite. The restaurant and bar were reasonably priced and the food was of good quality.

Do be aware though that there are many extras. Wifi, parking and access to the sauna/stream room are all significantly priced. The main pool is included (and is quite wonderful), however.

I'd possibly stay again though I must admit, when returning to Edinburgh (and I definitely will) I'll probably try somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple