“Best Spa Ever”

Ranked #15 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Best Spa Ever”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just back from a weekend at the Sheraton Edinburgh. The spa was just amazing! A little route is planned out for you which takes you through various aromtherapy showers to cool zones to different types of saunas and steam rooms and the rooftop hyrapool is the crowning glory.
They also have a happy hour (which is actually 2 hours) where you are served with drinks and executive nibbles which is all included in the price of your booking. I thought they may be stingy with the drinks but it was quite the opposite, 2 charming waitresses kept our glasses well topped. Had lunch here too which was very tasty and guests get 20% discount. Rooms were contemporary, spotlessly clean and my bed was one of the comfiest I have slept in. To top it all we had a fantastic view of Edinburgh Castle and all staff very friendly. Just Brilliant :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 13, 2013

In making plans to return to Edinburgh Scotland, staying again at the Sheraton Grand Hotel/Spa was essential. The rooms were wonderful with selectable colors for the room and bath accent lighting, glass walled tub and shower and that oh-so comfortable bed. We also loved the fun very Scottish carpet in the hallway. The best thing, though, was the service. Everyone was very friendly yet professional. Always a happy greeting and quick to respond, the staff is impeccable. The location is also great and close to everything. We, of course, would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: The castle views are great but we had a room away from the elevator which overlooked Usher Hall as w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton in Edinburgh on a brief business trip. I don't usually stay there (I usually opt for The Balmoral) and I won't be in a hurry to go back. At first take the hotel seems quite modern, spacious and bright but I soon realised that my fault list was growing. Firstly, when I was dropped off at the door there were two doormen clearly visible inside (yes, it was extremely cold outside). Once I got my case and struggled inside, these doormen asked if needed help with my luggage. I almost laughed as I declined their gracious offer. Once inside my room which looked very comfortable I began a search for a sewing kit as I had a minor repair to carry out. I didn't find a sewing kit but I did find discarded wrappers for socks in the drawers. The fixtures and fittings in the bathroom looked quite swish until I flushed the loo and the push-style flush disappeared into the wall.
I had a light meal in the bar - service was excellent, but the food was so-so.
I could not find a directory of hotel services to work out what food options I had. The mood lighting may be all the rage but I like my lighting to be obvious - this was anything but. As for the heating, A/C, I awoke at 2.30 am absolutely boiling hot, turned the temperature down a couple of degrees - only to awake in the morning to a freezing room.
This hotel is extremely pretentious and I won't be tempted to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Minnie12359
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry to learn that this was not an enjoyable experience for you and that you left with a negative opinion of the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. I hope that we get the opportunity to rectify this if you change your mind and decide to stay with us in the future.
Thank you once again for your hoest feedback, it is very much appreciated.
Warm regards
JP Kavanagh
North
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wonderful wife arranged a 2 night stay in a Club room for my birthday and we were not let down by standard expected of Edinburgh Sheraton.

We arrived by taxi from Waverly and we greeted by the doorman who took our bags while we were speedly checked in to our room, which was ready at 12 noon so no probs waiting around in the lobby.
Bags were carried to room and shown features.

The Sheraton is ideally placed for exploring Edinburgh. Its 5 min from walk from West side of Princess Street and 5 min from Waverly train station in a taxi at of cost of about £6.

The Hotel has been refurbed and is sharp, clean lines and modern rooms opposed to the more old tartan and turrets style of the Scotsman, Astoria or Balmoral. If you want old fashioned then this is not the hotel for you.

However we dont mind modern so were happy with the quiet club room we were given on 7th floor although the views are not exciting as you look over the back of the hotel but we were not there to stare out the window so again not an issue.

The room itself was around 30sm, moden with the fantastic king size sleeper bed, crisp linen and feather pillows giving an amazing sleep. The room has a powerfull aircon, LCD TV with media hub to plug USB, Ipad, et al into and multi region sockets, Lots of storage space, Iron, good hairdryer and large bathroom. The bathroom had a small loo, a large shower and deep bath with handy retractable shower head. There was large illuminated mirror and all the normal supplies.

The hotel offers all guests use of the large swimming pool however if you want to use the excellent SPA then you need to pay around £50-80 per day or be in a club room or above which included full use as standard.

The SPA has an amazing selection of different rooms to get hot, steamed or relaxed in. There were 2 types of saunas, 3 types of steam rooms, a outdoor hydropool with bubble baths sit on, relaxing area and aromo rooms. As we were on a Club room we had full use and spent a realxing afternoon doing nothing. I also had 2 male treatments a deep cleaning facial and deep muscle massage,both wonderfully relaxing.

Food wise there is a nice bar and resturant, we didnt use these as there are plenty of nice bars and food places within easy walk such as Kylo resturant ( has large cow outside) and Angles Share cocktail bar(the old Hudsons) and of course George Street and its many offerings.

Parking wise these is at least good car parks within 5 min walk, Semple Street and Castle Terrece, they hotel will also valet park for small charge.

Transport wise easy flat walk from Waverly and Haymarket but taxi is better option, taxi rank and bus stop right outside so very easy to get around the city.

So overall we were very happy with what we got and will no doubt be back again.

With my business traveller hat on i would also use this as it does everything a business hotel should do and offer and is well placed for the financial and legal area of town.

Room Tip: This is a modern style city center hotel so if you want old fashioned then do not book this hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bluebear74
Harrogate
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well should you expect the best for a premium price! Suppose you should, the room had a great view of the Castle but was tiny I have stayed in bigger B&B rooms, the layout though was ok, bed was one of the best I have had the pleasure to sleep in but that was as good as it gets. The mood lighting was nice but flicking lights got a little annoying, the shower had no pressure at all neither did the bath which took an age to fill (And no it was not deep!), the sink was flashy but the tap was on the edge so was a pain, air con/heating was good, TV was a pain as the menu didn't work so had to spend an age working out where the British channels were. The restaurant we used was disappointing, the food was average and we felt not real value for money at the prices charged per main you expect the food to be a little different, a little special, it wasn't, service though was nice, all in all wouldn't stay again, not worth the money..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am really sorry and disappointed to read that you were less than impressed. I have shared your comments with my team to investigate and hope we get the chance to redeem ourselves if you return to Edinburgh in the near future.
Thank you once again for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
JP Kavanagh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want a really special stay in the Edinburgh the Sheraton cannot be faulty (albeit on the pricer end of the scale). Request a room overlooking the historical Edinburgh Castle, particularly if you are staying on the Saturday with the end of festival firework spectacular. You step outside into the heart of Edinburgh so everywhere is within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived late but to very helpful reception staff who upgraded me to a castle view. Smartly decorated rooms with mood lightning. Stayed for work so not really in the room long enough to comment more. Gd location though.

• Stayed March 2013