This review covers the Howard's Afternoon Tea only. I pre-booked and asked for the Drawing Room rather than the Dining Room and was glad I had. We were shown to 2 lovely comfortable high-backed chairs by the window which you could just sink into. The layout of the room with high-backed sofas and chairs was such that you felt quite secluded in your own space even when more people arrived. The dining room by contrast looked more formal with white table clothes and a more open feel. The afternoon tea itself was lovely, I particularly enjoyed the sweets - a very nice mix of different things with a good balance between fruit and chocolate items. There was a nice choice of teas too and we were offered additional pots. We both opted for a glass of champagne which had a good flavour to it. The service was very attentive and friendly throughout, the only hitch being the person who tried to describe what they had just delivered who struggled a little - not a problem for us but perhaps a little more training required. I found the bread for the sandwiches a little dry in some but overall it was a good experience and very reasonably priced for central Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland