Having sought out a place for afternoon tea for a special occasion I was delighted to have stumbled across the Howard. It was such a magnificent location and one that my friends who had grown up in Edinburgh where not aware of! The choice of teas, the delicious pastries and cakes and the discreet "refreshing" of tea pots by the butler was a real treat.
I enjoyed my first visit so much that I returned to celebrate a birthday with my mother who was visiting from Australia. We opted for the champagne afternoon tea. Despite there being only two of us having afternoon tea that day we were seated in the more comfortably sized drawing room with as much attention as when dining previously in a larger group. Once again the experience was so enjoyable that I joined their afternoon tea club
My husband and I enjoyed afternoon tea twice at the Howard in our last days of living in Edinburgh.
With our 10th wedding anniversary approaching we are considering heading back to the Howard to stay. For us the Howard is somewhere we associate with incredible service, delightful food and a wonderfully personal and magical experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland