We stayed at the Howard a while back - before we were on trip advisor.
I'm writing about it now following a recent stay at a nearby hotel (see seperate review of the Norton) which also claimed to be a luxury hotel but failed to deliver a luxury experience for a similar price.
The butler service was great although I have to say that all staff were friendly and efficient.
The room was spacious and the bed comfortable.
The rooms, the decor and the fittings were in keeping with the period building.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
The Howard is nicely situated for walking around Edinburgh city centre but without being right in the centre.
Couldn't find any fault. Would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland