Stayed here for five days while visiting Scotland. The location is very convenient to transportation and many sights, such as the Castle. The service was excellent and staff very attentive. Meals in the bistro were very good, though pricey. We did not get the breakfast because we thought that 21 pounds/pp was a lot. However, the a la carte menu for breakfast was good. Our room was very nice, quiet, and comfortable. Overall great stay and the price was very reasonable when we prepaid our rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland