Very friendly hotel. Staff were superb. Nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were very comfortable and very well furnished. Called bar was lovely, bar man (sadly cannot remember his name but recently arrived from Poland) was a little cherub. Concierge as expected knew everything we needed to know. Maps on hand with with things pointed out. Breakfast was great, little slow with the the coffee delivery but all in all a great place to stay. Not cheap but very very comfortable place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland