I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian recently for one night when on business. As part of the Hilton (extended) group I was able to get all the benefits of being a HHonors Gold Member. The booking, check in and out were really professional. I was upgraded to a suite looking out over the park and castle which was so impressive I ordered continental breakfast in my room the following morning to make the most of the view.
The public rooms are lovely and I can recommend the Brassiere for a slightly less formal dining experience. For the heart of Edinburgh it was all surprisingly good value for money and so conveniently located. I will look no further in future and be back to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland