Had a great stay here with friends between Xmas & new year. My friends were over from the US and were really impressed. I haven't been in here for years but refurb that has taken place is really impressive, the character of the old building remains but with a classy update! Got checked in really quickly and up to,our rooms no problems at all. We had our rooms upgraded which was fab and we ended up in two gorgeous rooms which overlooked the castle, Princes Street and the gardens, stunning at night and gorgeous during the day!
We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening but had some drinks on returning, we were very disappointed with the bar service in Peacock Alley, it took ages to be served then forever to bring our drinks over, which when they arrived were not good and had to be returned, again took ages, not the level of service I guess a Waldorf would aspire to......
Breakfast was lovely the next day and plenty of choice of healthy options or the full cooked breakfast. Couldn't see any gluten free options available at all on any of the buffet, which was a shame.
All in all, we had a great wee stay here and will definitely be back, hoping we just caught the bar on an off night.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland