Stayed whilst on business all week and my wife joined me for leisure
Concierge valet parking - as good value as parking yourself and ultra efficient every day: do pay for this pleasurable convenience.
As Hilton diamond member I got auto upgrade to a castle view forth floor room (426) which was an utter delight.
Room was very well appointed with insignias on Egyptian cotton linen, Ferragamo toiletries and beautiful furnishings, nice iPod Dock/ alarm clock (which had great acoustic with high ceilings). Robes were nicest I've ever experienced in a hotel. Nespresso machine was amply restocked twice daily!
Concierge was great, I initial check was excellent (accommodating a late check out for my wife on Friday), turn down service classy (turning radio into classic fm with Xmas carols was lovely), room service food was efficient with good quality and reasonably priced. Only slight minus was the rather miserable front desk clerk who checked me out - no smiles or pleasantries at all which was inconsistent with the shear class of her colleagues!
Room was silent apart from some reverberations from the road traffic far below however we accepted that in lieu of the beautiful original windows to preserve the pure splendour of the listed building.
One reviewer said it was just like a travel lodge - it couldn't be further away from that chain; in fact it's not just in a different league but a different planet.
Thank you for a wonderful memorable stay. We will return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland