Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
$184
$120
$111
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$109
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
$160
$122
  • Room Service
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$118
$109
Travelocity
$145
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
4,018 results
All reviewspeacock alleycaley bargalvin brasserieguerlain spacastle viewbeautiful hotelend of princes streetfive star hotelturn down servicenespresso machinean upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomhaggisroyal mileconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I didn't stay at the Caledonian but I was given a birthday treat. It started in the 'Peacock Alley' lounge bar for tea and crossiants. Amazing decor mixing old with new. So much history to admire!

Next stop the spa for my manicure. I was asked to wait in a relaxation room with magazines and cooled lemon water. I was now very relaxed! Staff were so friendly and patient. There were so many colours to choose from!

My day was completed in the 'Caley' bar with a cocktail made specially for me.

Thank you to all the staff for making my birthday a real treat!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Gina C
GRMCaleyWA, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Gina C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am delighted to hear you very much enjoyed your day with us at ‘The Caley’. I will personally pass on your kind comments to Lynne and her spa team, who will certainly appreciate your positive feedback. I am pleased ‘The Caley’ bar team delivered a personalised and professional service, mixing a special cocktail for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at the Caledonian hotel for 4 nights, and had a stay above expectations. Everything you would expect from a hotel like this was in place. Room was quiet and clean, slept well, internet access was descent and usable to do real work, and the breakfast was excellent. I assume it is in general pricey, so there's the catch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
GRMCaleyWA, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Hans-Christian E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. It is a pleasure to read your stay at ‘The Caley’ exceeded your expectations. I am delighted you enjoyed our breakfast service and found your room comfortable and clean. I will be pleased to share you feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Last time we stayed here it was a Hilton. It has now under gone a tastefull refurbishment. Transforming several areas, notably the car park into the Peacock Alley. Quite a shock as I went into the car park and found things had changed. The room was superb with all the appointments you would expect of this caliber of hotel. The position couldn't be better right at the end of Prince's Street ideal for the shops and getting around the sites. Huxley's is opposite and great to pop in for even breakfast if you don't want the hotel one, although nothing wrong with the hotel breakfast, good variety of cerials and fresh fruit. The cooked was replenished regularly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Obbor,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel.I am pleased to hear you have returned to ‘The Caley’ and enjoyed your stay with us as a Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am delighted you found the hotel in a convenient location for visiting Edinburgh’s famous sights. Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast service, I will be glad to share these with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

First trip to Scotland and could not have stayed in a better place. The location was in a great place for business or tourist. We felt like we were treated like we were home. Every one was very helpful and understanding.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Randy B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am thrilled to read of your positive experience at the hotel, in particular the staff members and the convenient location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ on your next visit to Scotland!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Three ladies away for the weekend, I had e mailed the hotel asking for a quiet room, we were given the best room, plenty of room and very quiet, the robes were the best and perfect for going to the pool. Thank you Sandra
The pool was not huge but great view onto the castle, nice steam room and sauna and the changing rooms were very nice, good that you could get to the spa without going into the public areas
The breakfast was up to the usual Hilton standard I can't wait to bring my husband here, a great relaxing contrast to the city

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TheBurns,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am delighted to hear you had an excellent ladies weekend at ‘The Caley’, in particular your large quiet room. I am pleased you were able to experience our Guerlain Spa and enjoyed our breakfast service.