We enjoyed another stay at this lovely hotel having previously been in November.
We had a lovely room with a magnificent view of the castle which was very special for us! Many thanks to Jillian for sorting this out for us.
From the moment we arrived when we were welcomed back and the wonderful concierges took care of our luggage and parked our car for us (special thanks to Gary and Karl) to the moment we left, we were treated like very welcome friends!
We were looked after at breakfast by a really fabulous waiter called Stuart - he REALLY deserves a SPECIAL mention. He took such very good care of us - nothing but nothing was a problem for us and before we even asked for anything he had already read our needs and produced! I do hope the management realise what a gem he is!
We had afternoon tea in Peacock Alley. despite pre booking we did have to wait quite some time before any orders were taken - about 20 minutes; whilst some would find this annoying it wasn't the end of the world but might be something the management look at as I notice a few previous guests have mentioned this. The content of the afternoon tea was very good and I also enjoyed a plate of crab and smoked salmon which was Devine! I loved the champagne trolley too!
So all in all possibly an even better experience than the last time (something I didn't think possible) and I'm sure it won't be too long before we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland