The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. I was surprised by my room. Very nicely furnished, comfortable and lovely extra amenities...even umbrella.Tasteful. Bathroom was lovely with double shower and Feragamo toiletries.Very nicely done. Simple things wrong like the TV cant be watched from the bed...one armchair...so how does the other person watch?
Incredible bath robes...! The best I have come across and comfortable bed.
The PEACOCK lounge well worth a visit. We had drinks there rather than the bar...very very stylish. Afternoon tea with cakes looked good if you like that sort of thing.
Breakfast was good and the staff ultra efficient and helpful. All friendly.
We didnt eat there for dinner as my husband prefers the more informal larger portions of the Sheraton Grand round the corner where we usually stay.
The spa was the only disappointment. The reception area is stunning and you have high hopes....but in reality its tiny...small pool upstairs with small hot tub. The pool was very cold and the hot tub wasnt warm at all. So noone was using it.nowhere to put your towel or robe....no hooks and only a couple of plastic chairs which were being used. You go down a flight of steps to a small steam room and sauna. Large hotel with small facilities...We didnt bother to return. All in all an enjoyable weekend but we will return to the Sheraton as the sports facilities there are amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland