A good location and recently furbished ,but even the new carpets have not been able to get rid of the squeaky floorboards!
Bath tub with a standing shower already needs attention!
You get a welcome letter but no chocolates-just two bottles of water.
TV is not in front of your bed,but to one side-check this point before taking your room!
Nice cosy dressing gowns.
We tried to check in early,but this was not possible.
Did not have breakfast-felt this was overpriced at £20 per person!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland