Stayed for one night in king room. Important parts such as shower and bed very good. Extras such as iPod docking alarm clock and espresso machine, to comfy dressing gown and decent shaving mirror, render the experience more or less complete. A minor irritant was the lighting, in that it wasn't as simple as turning the main switch off then turning bedside light on, for some reason the main switch prevented any other lighting on.
My room overlooked castle and princes st, so excellent view. Breakfast good and to expected standard for hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland