We stayed here for two nights. Check in was seamless and although we were earlier than the published check in time, our room was available. We had a delux room which was very spacious with a lobby comprising of wardrobes, iron, safe and mini bar. The main bedroom had a large TV with tea and coffee and a Nescafe coffee maker which was a nice touch. We had two bottles of complimentary water the first night but not the second?
The bathroom had a bath and shower with plenty of hot water (which did take rather a long time to filter through). Bath towels were good quality and the bath robes were very warm and comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean.
The concierge staff were very helpful and always on hand for local advice and the two taxi's that we booked were perfectly on time on both occasions. £20 to the airport.
We had breakfast which was a buffet style for £15 when booked at check in. There was a good selection and the staff were attentive and explained where everything was.
The hotel has recently been refurbished and the coffee lounge has been improved and is a great location for afternoon tea.
I will be back even though I was not convinced by the battleship grey walls in the bedroom! (personal taste)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland