“A perfect place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
No. 16 Learmonth Terrace
Ranked #191 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I have just spent a wonderful week-end at N°16 Learmonth Terrace. This is by far the best guest house we've stayed at and this is all thanks to Joon and Peter's warm welcome! As soon as we met them, we felt at home. Everything had been thought carefully from the bedroom's arrangement, the extra facilities (like providing bathrobes and slippers, fruits and delicious fudge!!!) to the exquisite breakfast table. I particulary enjoyed chatting with Joon over a cup of tea, this made our stay even more special. Joon and Peter are fantastic and entertaining hosts, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Having read the previous reviews my expectations were high. Amazingly Joon was able to meet all of them with ease. Simply stop looking and call or email Joon to see if the private room is available and she is able to keep up the high standards.

Hopefully my travel brings me back to Edinburgh soon, so I can get spoiled again.
Be warned: you might not want to leave again!

Room Tip: There's only one room, so hopefully it's available for you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This little piece of Edinburgh Heaven was just what we needed.
The home is lovely, filled with very interesting art and beautiful attention to detail.

It is very easy to walk to all the historical parts of the "olde" city even in the rain.

Our hosts, Peter and Joon have thought of EVERYTHING. Not only were there always a fine array of teas, coffees, cocoas, whisky, water AND incredibly delicious homemade munchies, in the guest room....There is also plenty of storage and comfort and beautiful white linens in the large room. The room also provides a good wifi connnection, television, laptop computer, great hair dryer and straightener as well as umbrellas and rain ponchos. I just loved the lavendar sachet on my pillow each night.

There is a fully stocked, large, pristine private bathroom which included items I didn't even think I might need, including shampoos, conditioners, soaps, makeup remover pads, q-tips, moisturizers, ibuprofen, loads of fluffy towels, etc, etc. The jacuzzi was just so relaxing after a long day of traveling and the shower was powerful with plenty of hot water.

The breakfasts.........Can't possibly say enough great things about the food experience. Everything was terrific....Joon has a long list of available goodies to choose from...whatever and how much we wanted, including custom cappuccinos, Joon provided. She is a talented chef and a wonderful storyteller.
In the past, when staying at a B & B, we hardly ever "visit" with the innkeepers, and always found this to be just fine, but this time, one of the best parts of this establishment was getting to know Joon and Peter. The next time we visit Edinburgh, we will definitely stay at No. 16 Learmonth Terrace.
The hospitality was.unparalleled!

Room Tip: There is only one guest room at this B&B. (It has your own entrance and private patio.so if th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I found No. 16 Learmonth Terrace alluring just by the images, but they did not lie. I have never stayed in a more comfortable high end B&B before. I have travelled loads, and nothing compares to soft, fresh lavender smelling towels, new slippers and chocolate waiting for me when I got home and loads of little extras. Luxury bathroom, great hospitality and accommodation to die for. I feel as though Joon & Peter are already my close friends, and I would be more than happy to have them stay at my house if they ever fancy coming to my country! It was very central, huge bed, amazing food. (have never seen a better breakfast…and I am fuzzy)! The room was very large, big windows. The house is very easy to get to, in one day I could remember its location, and I could walk to the biggest shopping street in 15minutes!
I am probably running out of words on the word count. Just wanted to say thank you for letting me stay to Peter and Joon, and I appreciate so much the little extras that was spread all around during my stay and for your help in everything!
Xx J

Room Tip: Always read reviews, never go for a place with no pictures..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'd never visited Edinburgh before, only Glasgow. Not knowing the area i was hoping that i would find a helpful and knowledgeable host to point me in the right direction. I couldn't have hoped for better hosts than Joon and Peter! The kindness and attention to detail they showed during our stay were well beyond the call.
I would never hesitate to recommend 16 Learmonth Terrace to anybody staying in Edinburgh. It's a short walk from the centre of town, yet down a quiet street so you can sleep well at night.
Joon's brekkie's are legend - just read the other reviews on here!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Edinburgh thanks to the lovely accomodation provided by Joon & Peter. They were lovely hosts from beginning to end. We were welcomed into the B&B by Joon & Peter and we continued to feel welcome the entire stay. Joon provided little touches that added to an excellent overall experience such as homemade choc rock, fresh olives from the market, little snacks to tide us over for dinner not to mention a lovely fresh crab to have with her sumptuous breakfasts! It really was a perfect stay and we found it difficult to leave. We would thoroughly recommend this B&B as the perfect place to stay in Edinburgh!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had a really good time in Edinburgh. Joon and Peter were great hosts. It has been said in other reviews, but what really stood out was the little touches here - for example, chocolates on the bed at night, a little whiskey in the room on check-in, amazing breakfast, etc. I mentioned I wanted to try haggis and presto, haggis was served along with breakfast the next day. They went out of their way to make us comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. You have your own entrance/exit so you can come and go with privacy. Location is great too easy walking distance to everything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple