TripAdvisor

from $42.57
from $75.15
from $19.78
49,440 results
All reviews o'clock gun the scottish crown jewels war memorial military history audio guide lots of history great history entrance fee few hours royal mile free tour tickets cannon prison queue destiny honors
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited the outer grounds of the castle but were put off going in due to long queues at the entrance. Lovely views and its lit up lovely at night. Have been inside before, some years ago but dont remember it being as expensive to enter. Worth a look around if youre only going to visit Edinburgh once in your lifetime

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Already very interested in Scotland's history, visiting Edinburgh Castle was a no-brainer for us! If we didn't have other things to do, we probably would have stayed there all day. Rich in history and spectacular views, Edinburgh Castle is a must-visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a huge castle but amazing. Stepped in history. Allow yourself plenty of time to visit this icon. The Crown Jewels exhibit is very well done. Views from the walls to the city are amazing. A must see while in this great city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There is lots to see at the Castle and you can easily spend a few hours wandering around taking it all in.

We booked a time slot online and saved a couple of pounds each.

It was a rainy day and so the indoor elements were very busy. On a clear day you'd have the best views of the city.

Would be a brilliant place to visit if you have a specific interest in military history.

The crown jewels are good but not a patch on those in The Tower of London.

Was only let down by poor toilet facilities!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited (with a travelling companion) Edinburgh Castle, last Monday (September 16th) afternoon, we spent over two enjoyable hours, at the Castle, we saw a lot at the Castle, including The One o'Clock Gun, The Governor's House, St Margaret's Chapel, Mons Meg, Prisons of War, the Honours of Scotland and the Argyle Battery, there wasn't time to see everything, I will hopefully visit (with my travelling companion) Edinburgh Castle, again, one day, while at the Castle, I took sixteen photographs (two featuring my friend and travelling companion), my friend also took one photograph (featuring me), I booked a ticket for Edinburgh Castle, online, the previous week, my friend got in free, because I have health issues, last Monday, was my first ever day in Edinburgh/Scotland, me and my travelling companion, flew from Norwich Airport to Edinburgh Airport, in the morning, we spent a few enjoyable days in Edinburgh, I will definitely visit Edinburgh/Scotland, again, in the future.