Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

from $42.12
from $73.39
from $19.31
49,324 results
All reviews o'clock gun the scottish crown jewels war memorial military history audio guide lots of history great history entrance fee few hours royal mile free tour tickets cannon prison queue destiny honors
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a huge castle but amazing. Stepped in history. Allow yourself plenty of time to visit this icon. The Crown Jewels exhibit is very well done. Views from the walls to the city are amazing. A must see while in this great city.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There is lots to see at the Castle and you can easily spend a few hours wandering around taking it all in.

We booked a time slot online and saved a couple of pounds each.

It was a rainy day and so the indoor elements were very busy. On a clear day you'd have the best views of the city.

Would be a brilliant place to visit if you have a specific interest in military history.

The crown jewels are good but not a patch on those in The Tower of London.

Was only let down by poor toilet facilities!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited (with a travelling companion) Edinburgh Castle, last Monday (September 16th) afternoon, we spent over two enjoyable hours, at the Castle, we saw a lot at the Castle, including The One o'Clock Gun, The Governor's House, St Margaret's Chapel, Mons Meg, Prisons of War, the Honours of Scotland and the Argyle Battery, there wasn't time to see everything, I will hopefully visit (with my travelling companion) Edinburgh Castle, again, one day, while at the Castle, I took sixteen photographs (two featuring my friend and travelling companion), my friend also took one photograph (featuring me), I booked a ticket for Edinburgh Castle, online, the previous week, my friend got in free, because I have health issues, last Monday, was my first ever day in Edinburgh/Scotland, me and my travelling companion, flew from Norwich Airport to Edinburgh Airport, in the morning, we spent a few enjoyable days in Edinburgh, I will definitely visit Edinburgh/Scotland, again, in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best get your tickets before going as long que to buy inside.
Interesting place but expensive prices.
Take food and drinks with you as RIP off prices in castle vicinity

1  Thank Scouseronthego
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Provided that it is that you don’t visit Edinburgh more than once every 5 years which we don’t!

Get there early though as the queues do build quickly.

Great views back over the town.

Loads of historical information.

Great to see the Scottish Crown Jewels.

Note that they don’t fire the 1 o’clock gun on Sundays.