“one of the highlights of our tour”

Taste of Scotland Scottish Show
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“one of the highlights of our tour”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This show is not to be missed, We went with our tour group and enjoyed every minute. Worth every pound we spent.

Visited September 2012

St. Catharines, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Entertaining”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Taste of Scotland Show was an entertaining way to spend and evening in Edinburgh. It's obviously a really touristy destination, with bus tours filling the venue. The meal was good and the service efficient considering the number of people being served. The performers were all great, and I especially enjoyed the toast to the haggis. Unfortunately, somewhere in the hall, there was one very loud group talking and laughing throughout the show. Although some of the patrons yelled at them to shut up, they continued to be disruptive. It was unfortunate that staff didn't eject the perpetrators, as it did spoil the show for the rest of us. Overall, a fun touristy event to enjoy in Edinburgh, especially if it's your first visit to Scotland.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank bbperegrines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must see!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

I was treated with my classmates to this wonderful show to wrap up our summer semester abroad. The wine was delicious and never ending the entertainment was enthrawling. My mum came to meet me in Edinburgh and I just had to take her. 2 shows in under a week and I would go again tonight if I could!

1 Thank ScotlandCatt
West Linton, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The taste of Scotland show is worthy of six stars. It has been refreshed for 2012 and being a Scot it does move me.
The costumes are superb and the effort tremendous -well done to the whole cast.
As for the food -don't expect anything wonderful -mass catering done very quickly and of very average quality -3stars for food would be kind -it doesn't live up to "a taste of scotland"
Coud they invest a little more time and effect into the food and also the staff serving it ? How about a Scottish theme for the staff uniform rather than just black unforms.Also Scottish staff serving woud be a good touch!!!

The show is fantastic let down by the food -sorry

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Jack K
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Much improved- show AND food”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have previously reviewed the show and I must say that the show has improved a lot:

1. The venue has had a make over and the new carpet is richer and more in keeping with the glorious red and gold of the rest of the decor.

2. Food: The menu's cold salmon, which was a shock to many visitors, has been replaced with a tasty three fish (salmon, hake and haddock) in pastry with Mornay sauce which was pronounced "very tasty". The service was very good and friendly I might add. Nothing was too much for them.

3. The costumes have been improved on greatly. What a difference the losing of the white busbies made! Everyone on stage was in top form and the dancing/music was a pleasure.

4. The lights are better and the sound is very good and professional.

5. The performances are ever better and the evident desire of the entire cast/crew to please shines through. Still think that Brigid Mhairi and Kenny McGinty pay the highest tribute to Scotland with their rendition of Scotland's saddest tale- The Massacre of Glencoe. Two words: hauntingly beautiful.

We were at a table of eight, made up of three parties and I thoroughly enjoyed myself- food, company and show a total delight. Will I be back? I certainly hope so! I could become a regular, if only to join in with Donald Where's Your Trousers. ;)

Visited May 2012