“DE-LI-CIOUS!”

Cuisines: African, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: An unpretentious Tapas restaurant serving Tapas From Spain and South Africa. Yes, this is casual dining. No Under 5's.
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

Been to almost all Spanish places in Edinburgh and this is easily one of two of the best :)
The atmosphere was nice, the staff and the owner ever so nice, not afraid to crack a joke, and not as stiff as many many other in other restaurants.

Now to the food... just as in the title!
Tapas were well portioned, and just ridiculously tasty! They advise you to have 5 tapas but it's difficult to pick, so we had 9 :P i was full, and barely able to move but I'd still do it next time. With potatoes I've discovered "the absolute best alioli sauce ever created by mankind"! Also the macrel in nutty sauce was worth trying.
Actually, don't take my word for it!
Go there! Try it!
NOW!
Seriously, grab your coat, grab some friends (that's optional), and go and feast!

To finish, the trio of desserts is their best choice. They don't have churros (I'm addicted to them), but you just can't have it all ;) if you're familiar with Spanish desserts, chances are you don't like, like me, tarta de santiago or maybe flan/panacotta, well... BANG, in your face it goes! Trata was given with some orange thingy on top (not sure what, ate it to quick) and delicious cream on the bottom, so not dry as per usual. Flan, thanks to addition of plum sauce transformed from this boring gooey something, to this exciting gooey something :D

If you're still reading dear reader, now I'll tell you the truth,
F****** amazing! (Sorry, simple amazing just doesn't do it).

Last but not least, 5 tapas (as very visely suggested by the staff) plus a bottle of vine and the trio of desserts, will bring you to around £60.
Expensive? Maybe, maybe not. You can definitely eat cheaper. But will it be more delicious? I'll leave the answer to you ;)

(Btw, the right answer is NO)

Charlton K, Owner at Indaba, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2015

Thanks Arek S for the extensive praise and full marks.
Super happy you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

We had dinner here. Superb friendly service. Excellent price. Expense beer variety. The tapas were great. Some South African menu is available

Charlton K, Owner at Indaba, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2015

Thanks venedom for the lovely little review.
I hope you mean extensive beer variety, rather than expensive. We've a small range of imported and local beers better priced than many places in the city.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

This is a great place to eat the food was good the atmosphere and attention form the staff was exrmely good and you would not be disappointed. the only item I feel needs a a very small mention is that the costs can be high for the volume of food. I understand Quality over Quantity however sometimes the main dishes are little on the small side versus the cost. I cannot say this about the deserts as these were amazing and handmade. Go for the triple choice and enjoy a little bit of everything which is a great idea and well executed. all in all a great place to eat.

Charlton K, Owner at Indaba, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2015

Thanks Z99Z for the excellent review.
All our dishes are Tapas, some bigger than others but still Tapas.
All are subject to 20 % VAT ( which we do not get to claim much back on) and all have the same costing formula applied.
I assure you, we're not ripping anyone off here, we are in business to make money and I can assure you again that we do not make make much. If my wife and I did not do most of the prep and cooking ourselves, Indaba would have folded some time ago.

Reviewed July 20, 2015

Small place and was packed on the Wednesday night we were there so I would definitely recommend booking. Great selection of vegetarian and 'meaty' tapas. Staff were friendly and the service was efficient. Everything we ordered was delicious and good size portions. Looking forward to coming back!

Reviewed July 17, 2015 via mobile

Everything we ordered was amazing, best tapas, and infact as I put as the title, best meal ive ever eaten out! All the flavours worked perfectly together and were delicious, portions were good and prices excellent. Staff were really warm and friendly. Loved it

1  Thank Claire C

Thanks Claire C!
We're really pleased that you give us such high praise.
Keeping things simple pays off at times.