“Best tasty food in Edinburgh”
Review of Indaba

Indaba
Ranked #27 of 2,566 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: African, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: An unpretentious Tapas restaurant serving Tapas From Spain and South Africa. Yes, this is casual dining. No Under 5's.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went to the wonderful Indaba restaurant in Tollcross in Edinburgh last week. I've eaten at a lot of places in Edinburgh over the years. The food was just simply really tasty and lovely Tapas dishes. Must book though. Service very friendly and attentive,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've eaten here a couple of times. Both times the food has been great - with some unusual dishes on the menu. And the service has been excellent - the staff really know about the food and wine that they are serving!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Edinburgh, in terms of quality and value. Good service, without being overbearing. Food is delicious with lots of variety on menu. Specials were great when I visited. Atmosphere was good but only given 4 stars because we ate early. Became busier towards end of our meal and atmosphere really picked up.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We chose this restaurant on a recent trip to Edingburgh based on Tripadvisor reviews and weren't disappointed.
It's tucked away on a side street and is very unassuming, not in the slighest bit pretentious and was very warm and welcoming. There's no fancy decor, just awesome food and great service which is exactly what you want from a resturant in my opinion.
The specials board was explained to us by the owner which was great as in some tapas places you're left to decipher everything for yourself. We chose 3 dishes each and that was plenty. The portion sizes were very generous and everything we had was incredibly tasty and well prepared. My husband particularly enjoyed the ribs!
I was particularly impressed with the value for money. We spent £40 and had 3 tapas dishes each, plus we shared a dessert and had 2 drinks each, bargain!
I will definitely go back here agin if I'm ever in Edinburgh and have been recommending it to friends and family vigorously!!

1  Thank clementine8
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Impromptu meal for x 4 on a wintery Tuesday night.

We had 7 specials plus 3 others from the card plus some very nice puds. South African Chenin Blanc and Namibian beer were all fine.

Service was swift and friendly. Find dining it ain't - and it does not pretend to be.

If you want to enjoy something tasty and different in a relaxed vibe, this hits the spot. My second visit and I aim to be back more often.