“Worst birthday meal ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lebowski's
Ranked #722 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Lebowskis offers you the very best Scotland has to offer and not a white table cloth or intrusive waiter in sight. All our food is hand-prepared from scratch with only the very best of Scottish fresh produce and simply choose from our main menus and exceptional daily special boards. If you’d prefer you can stay true to ‘The Dudes’ relaxed attitude and enjoy an eclectic taste of Scotland with our Scottish Tapas whilst enjoying a drink with friends !
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“Worst birthday meal ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife took me here for my birthday dinner before going to the cinema. I had never heard of it before but looked forward to somewhere new. On getting there (our reservation was 5pm) noticed that there was only one other couple in and met by quite a nice gentleman who showed us to our table.
If you like burgers the menu would be like Nirvana for you as there is such a large selection but we both case the big lebowski burger and sat chatting about our day. After 20 minutes the burgers arrived and we both started to tuck in to what looked very appetising. To both our horror the burgers were rare........not pink but very bloody so we called our server over and told him that we like our burgers well done. At this point I decided to take a trip to the toilet and honestly can say that the toilets were horrible. The urinals were over flowing and there was toilet paper all over the floor. The toilets really looked like they needed a good revamp and clean. After coming out of there I went back to find that our food had come back and on closer inspection noticed that in the middle the burgers were pink. I called our server over again and asked if they can please cook mine more which he then took away. He then came back to say that the burgers were made from steak mince so could be eaten pink or rare to which I replied that I like any kind of mince whether that be steak or whatever cooked through and not pink. After about 10 minutes we got the same burgers back and after eating the first one (which was nice) sliced into the middle of the second burger (big lebowski burger is 2 burgers!) to find that this was not just pink but rare. At this point we decided to pay for our drinks and leave.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 697Scottytraveller
Lebowskis_Management, General Manager at Lebowski's, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Afternoon.

I am sorry to hear about your experience.
Can you confirm that this happened at Edinburgh, or the Glasgow Venue?
Also would you please tell me when this happened.

Many Thanks
chris@lebowskis.co.uk

Edinburgh
“Avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Absolutely terrible place to eat. My friend booked a table which the bar staff lost. Service was slow. Food was mediocre for what we were paying. I will never step foot in the there again and will recommend anyone who asks about the place to do the same!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lebowskis_Management, General Manager at Lebowski's, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hi there .

I am sorry to hear about your visit.

Please send me a email with your details. I would like to see where we went wrong and how we could have made your visit more memorable.

Many Thanks
Chris Watson
chris@lebowskis.co.uk
Aberdeenshire
“Great meal...great drinks...great restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Weren't too sure what to expect when we booked a table here on the recommendation of others, but any worries were unfounded - the meal and the entire evening were superb!! Lebowski's is a New York Diner style of bar/restaurant which was extremely busy on the Saturday night we were there - but service was still prompt and attentive and the food was delicious! - drinks were great too! A bright, cheerful and friendly restaurant and bar that we would have no hesitation returning to - recommended!

Edinburgh
“EXCELLENT BURGERS & MORE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had the pleasure of visiting the other night and what a place. The staff are fantastic and Lucie could not have been more helpful and it was great to see how much the staff seem to enjoy working here. The food was out of this world, I had chicken wings to start and at £6.00 you might think they are a little pricey, but wait until you see them they are huge... you get 6 and to be honest once I had finished them I thought I would not have enough room for my main course, but I managed it, my wife had garlic bread and it was very tasty too. For our mains I had a pulled pork roll and fried tats ( fries ) mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it was fantastic and my wife had a chicken nurger and fries which she loved too. The atmoshpere is supherb so what are you waiting for, get yourself to Lebowski's you will not be disappointed. A big thanks to everyone conected with Lebowski's you are doing everything right. :-)

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food, nice wine, friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We are soon to be local to this bar, and have been trying out a few places in the area.
Lebowski's is the best so far by a long way.
We both had the signature Lebowski's burger, and we thouroughly enjoyed them! Coupled with a nice house red wine, and friendly efficient service, this made for a relaxed and enjoyable Sunday meal.

We will definitely return, I want to try a chilli dog next time!