“Tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Port of Siam at Newhaven - CLOSED

Port of Siam at Newhaven
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Port of Siam offers Thai Fusion by the beautiful Newhaven Harbour, Edinburgh. Chef Phaitoon and his team blend authentic Thai spices with locally sourced fresh fish and seafood from Newhaven Fish Market, merging traditional Thai cuisines with modern Scottish cooking to create our delicious seafood dishes, and quality Scottish farm produce to re-create our traditional and contemporary dishes. Port of Siam is currently open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday. We are open for a lunch service on Thursdays and Fridays from noon till 2pm and open from noon till 10:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We look forward to seeing you.
“Tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I here on Wednesday 19th March with my boyfriend after work. This was our first visit and were lucky to get a table as it is a very popular fine dining restaurant. I would recommend booking g in advance even on a weekday. The very fact that it was booked out on a Wednesday confirms how good the food and service actually is. We have lived in this area for almost 2 years now and hadn't been before.

I had the fishcakes to start then the sizzling duck and some mash on the side. The duck was still sizzling at the table which was most impressive. Food tasted great and the portions just over enough

We will definitely be back and bring some friends the next time.

2 Thank kazandlee

“Yum!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I visited Port Of Siam on Saturday 8th of March with my boyfriend and another couple. This was our first visit but the other couple had dined a few times before. The food is gorgeous, lots of flavour. I had the Chicken Satay and then the Chicken Pad Tai. I will definitely be returning soon.

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Me and my husband went there on Thursday. The restaurant very small but very cozy.The food was amazing. The service is very good. Yes... We are going back.

Manchester
“Just Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

What can I say about Port of Siam except EXCELLENT.
The service, the food, the attention to detail is just perfect.
My daughters and I had a truly wonderful meal in a relaxed, warm and friendly environment. The waiter was just perfection, unobtrusive but our glasses were always filled before we needed to ask, our food was delicious and immaculately presented.
This is a MUST VISIT restaurant when in Edinburgh and we will most definitely be going back.

Visited February 2014
Scotland
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friend. The restaurant was very busy and I therefore thought it would be very good but my friend ordered leg of lamb and it was tough. Did not come off the bone without effort and even when it did it was tough. She left most of it and when the waitress came to take our plates away I commented on the lamb and it was obvious how bad it was with the amount my friend left on her plate.

We did not receive an apology or even a free coffee so very disappointed and do not think I will return. Quite expensive for a restaurant not in the heart of the city.

I would recommend Chaophraya which is far superior.

• Visited February 2014