“Great evening ,great food a winning combination”
Review of Port of Siam at Newhaven - CLOSED

Port of Siam at Newhaven
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Port of Siam offers Thai Fusion by the beautiful Newhaven Harbour, Edinburgh. Chef Phaitoon and his team blend authentic Thai spices with locally sourced fresh fish and seafood from Newhaven Fish Market, merging traditional Thai cuisines with modern Scottish cooking to create our delicious seafood dishes, and quality Scottish farm produce to re-create our traditional and contemporary dishes. Port of Siam is currently open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday. We are open for a lunch service on Thursdays and Fridays from noon till 2pm and open from noon till 10:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We look forward to seeing you.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great evening ,great food a winning combination”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was my first visit to the Port of Siam and it will not be the last , The restaurant is very small but feels very roomy , the greeting was very warm. the food looked good and tasted even better . After ordering I was tempted to change my mind several times when I saw other peoples food arrive , Thanks for a great evening

• Visited December 2013

“WINTER WARMER!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My family and I decided to try some Thai food in Edinburgh, so we gave this restaurant a try, and honestly it was an amazing night! The staff are friendly, The food is full of flavours and nicely presented, "lamb shank massaman" just what I needed to warm up in this weather! Yes it's small but it just means you get attentive service, overall I would say give it a go and warm up this winter!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Decent enough fare but poor value...”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

2 Thai curries and 2 small beers - £40.

The curry was nice, mines more so than my dining partners, but for the price paid it is difficult to see where the value lay here.

Had we been offered a midweek deal menu as others have remarked upon, it may have seemed better value, but the whole experience & service felt slightly disjointed, sitting in a dining room smaller than most people's living rooms, and the regular a la carte menu to me seems overpriced by 30%.

I hate being a downer on any small business, but we've had nicer Thai food, combined with better overall service, for less, elsewhere in the city.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Russell S
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A great little Thai restaurant”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant since it opened a few years ago. It never fails to please with its combination of classic thai dishes, seafood and fusion. It is very small, but cosy and intimate, and the staff are very welcoming. The prices are very reasonable, the food freshly cooked in a tiny kitchen. The service can be a little speedy some times, but we are not talking elaborate dinners here, just somewhere very satisfying and friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Surprise”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were staying at the Premier Lodge just over the road last Sunday and ate here. The place is very small and this gives it a very intimate atmosphere. The menu is quite extensive and the food was delicious, portions generous and all served piping hot. If you want to eat there make sure you book as it is VERY popular.

• Visited October 2013