“good food”

Port of Siam at Newhaven
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Port of Siam offers Thai Fusion by the beautiful Newhaven Harbour, Edinburgh. Chef Phaitoon and his team blend authentic Thai spices with locally sourced fresh fish and seafood from Newhaven Fish Market, merging traditional Thai cuisines with modern Scottish cooking to create our delicious seafood dishes, and quality Scottish farm produce to re-create our traditional and contemporary dishes. Port of Siam is currently open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday. We are open for a lunch service on Thursdays and Fridays from noon till 2pm and open from noon till 10:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've visited 5 times now, and each time was a real treat. They haven't got many covers, and the kitchen looks tiny! Having said that, the food is bold and flavoursome. Whenever I go I always ask for them not to hold back on the spices, and gosh do they deliver on flavour. It's not 100% consistent every time, but on the whole the food is very well done. Highlights include the jumbo prawns (heavenly) and the crispy sea bass. The prices are reasonable, and the portions, whilst not overly generous, are just adequate. For gluttons like me, I find them just a tad small. Ah, and I would suggest going on one of their 'tapas' nights. Book to avoid disappointment as they can get quite busy at times.

1  Thank Milchpuder
There are newer reviews for Port of Siam at Newhaven

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my fourth time eating at the Port of Siam so this review is long overdue. Every time, the food has been amazing. I recommend the lamb chops and the scallops and black pudding (cooked perfectly) starters. The seafood platter is an amazing main, full of variety and flavor. I have taken several business clients there and the staff has always been very professional and accommodating. The food is fresh and you can tell by the smell when you walk in that the chef really cares about what he is producing. I look forward to my next visit there.

1  Thank adomino
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

One of very few restaraunts to capture the true taste of Thailand. Fantastic food and drink. Very small and stylish Restaraunt. We will be back.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Yesterday was my birthday and so was able to choose venue! (My husband being creature of habit). We had been here for a couple of lunches a long time ago but i was keen to go back to try the full menu. Very tasty food, fresh, and each dish had separate flavours unlike man other places. As last minute booking we had 6pm slot, to leave for 7.30, but this was not a problem, we did not feel rushed in any way. We will return!

1  Thank dewlishdame
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here in January 2013 and we loved it. Food arrived quickly and everything was delicious. You could tell that they used fresh ingredients and the dishes had a delicate balance of condiments and flavors. Staff are very attentive and the menu offers plenty of options.The space is very intimate and has good ambiance. It's quite small so be sure to make a reservation. We'll definitely return.