“Michelin star for sure,if it were up to me!”

Castle Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Just opened last week and we had a fabulous meal there
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Do go eat, Chef Dominic Jack and front of house Philippe Nublat run a wonderful ship.
It all fits,food,drink,service and atmosphere.I have eaten four lunches.
The "set wine" recommendations are very good.
Yes it is connected with Tom Kitchen of Leith fame,but is so different.
This has to be Edinburgh's next Michelin Star,and for me its best.

There are newer reviews for Castle Terrace Restaurant

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Went to Castle Terrace this weekend for lunch. We had the set 3 courses for £20 menu, which was fantastic value for the quality of food served. The staff are efficient and professional - cutlery appears and wine glasses are refilled without you even noticing it’s happened - exactly what you would expect for a restaurant of this standard, but not in that overly attentive way that can get on your nerves. I had salmon ravioli to start, which came in a lovely tangy soup with samphire, pork cheek for main – one of the tenderest bits of meat I have ever had, and vanilla crème brulee for dessert. Now that’s not normally a dessert I’d choose, but I didn’t like the other choice and wasn’t in the mood for cheese. It was just gorgeous!! We all oohed and ahhed over every course. Lovely little nibbles arrived at the start of the meal and an amuse bouche of salmon and cucumber jelly with the lightest foam on top that evaporated to nothing in the mouth, plus a selection of petit fours with coffee. The décor is lovely, purples and greys, relaxing, cosy, comfy. This ranks up there as one of the best meals I have ever had and I cannot wait to go back. I only hope that once their reputation builds they will still retain a cost effective lunch menu so that I can visit several times a year rather than just an annual special occasion. Highly, highly recommended.

1  Thank FiMacEdin
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Went with family and a friend from spain for lunch, the lunch menu was great value for money and everyone enjoyed their meal. Would definately go back.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

The two of us had an exceptional meal at The Castle Terrace. We went for the tasting menu £55 with matching wines £35 - we also paid an optional £10 supplement to have grouse for the main course. The food was exceptional and I thought it was good value - particularly the wine as we had six different glasses. The service was attentive and not overbearing and we could understand the waiting staff (which is always a plus) whether they were Scottish or French. We both had a wonderful meal and can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank BBLT
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Enjoyable evening. My wife and I opted for the tasting menu with matching wine. We both found it very enjoyable, with especially good service. Matching wines were well chosen, the food was good but just misses out on being a 5 out of 5. We'll definitely be going back, it's a good addition to the Edinburgh eating scene.