“Wow”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Just opened last week and we had a fabulous meal there
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I treated ourselves to the chefs tasting menu with the matching wine package and what a treat, food was sublime, spelt risotto, amazing, wine explanations were very interesting, service was perfect, need to go back again very soon.

3  Thank MR40

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Amazing experience last week with mi girlfriend in Castle Terrace, we had a long lunch as the restaurant had such a nice ambiance!!!
Food was AMAZING!!!!
Service was GREAT!!!
We had wine matching the food, sommelier selection, GREAT!!!
Can't wait to go back!!!

2  Thank Danilo C
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The scenery was perfect to have a cup of tea and snacks upon the terrace. the food and drink arrived on time and the entire place surpassed my expectations by far.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I wanted a fabulous restaurant experience on our one free night in Edinburgh - and got it with the Castle Terrace. I hadn't prepared my husband for the price, but still I persuaded him to join me for the "Chef's Land and Sea Surprise Tasting Menu" and even the astonishing up-charge for Grouse. I explained it was like a fine night at the theater - with a meal included! The dishes were so creative and beautifully presented AND delicious. And memorable. One of the canapés - the "caesar salad - eat it in 1 bite" - was such a delicious surprise I'm still talking about it three weeks later; I have no clue how it was prepared. The scallop in curry sauce was the biggest one I've ever seen, and so perfectly cooked. Just one negative: We had a late reservation - 8:30 on a weeknight - and by the time we left our excellent servers were gone and we felt as if those left behind couldn't wait to get us out of there, even though we weren't the last ones in the place. One more comment: "I couldn't believe" how sloppily dressed most of the customers were; maybe people don't dress up for anything any more. But this was so special, I thought it deserved more "respect" than the kind of clothes you'd expect at a football game.

2  Thank artichokeannie
Reviewed September 6, 2013

it's is a restaurant that was recently opened so I was a bit "Ify" about eating outside of the well earned famed restaurants.
Well What a surprise I had. Castle Terrace is a mix of modern British cuisine influenced by learned French cooking techniques making it an outstanding restaurant. If you have eaten at the "classic" restaurants this is the place to discover the next best thing.

2  Thank Patricio B