“The best way to see Scotland and its hidden gems.”

Mini Day Tours Scotland
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a truly unique private guided driver tour of Scotland with popular local Scottish tour guide, Craig McCall Flynn BA(Hons). Personal Scottish tours from 1 to 30 days for singles, couples, families or groups up to 8 people.Let me show you the real Scotland from the back roads, avoiding the bus tour hoards and tourist traps. Discover the historic castles, colourful history, breath-taking scenery and hidden gems that make Scotland one of the most amazing places in the world! With more than 30 years experience of exploring Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland I look forward to sharing with you these beautiful countries, their history and culture based on your requirements.
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best way to see Scotland and its hidden gems.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

You don't need to travel abroad to see natural beauty, Scotland has it all and the best way to experience all of this is by taking a tour with Craig. If you choose to take a tour with one of the major tour companies then you're missing out on truly the best sites and places that Scotland has to offer. Craig's knowledge is second to none and he just simply knows a lot more than your average tour guide. Friendly, yet professional, Craig offers the perfect balance of tour. You can choose set routes or customises your trip to suit more of your needs, as well as seeking Craig's opinion/guidance .Unlike other tours, with Craig's you get a lot more freedom, as well as personally time together as a couple / group, if would like. Me and my girlfriend toured all over the highlands with Craig, from Fort William to Skye. He even drove us to the most remote part of Skye to stay, which was a bit out of the way of where Craig was staying, but it was no bother to him. He's flexible with times to begin the day and even allowed us longer in places if we felt we required it. We'd just call or text him and it was fine. After a few days with Craig in his van, you'll feel like you've known him for years. You owe it to yourself to hear a rather special song Craig likes to play if you're travelling to Skye, a laugh a minute! Craig's tours are value for money and professional, yet retain the personal touches that make you feel as though you don't want the day to end.

The actual places Craig takes you to are stunning. He will show you places and scenery you certainly didn't know existed. You will be shown the true beauty of Scotland as well as learning interesting and funny facts and go deeper into the history of Scotland if you so require. When i get my photos from my camera,i'll post some examples of the beautiful places Craig can show you. I'm now missing craig's company and the highlands. When i tour Scotland again, i'll definatley only use Craig and i've already recommended him to family and friends too. If you want the best tour of Scotland then this is THE one, second to none. Avid photographers, you will get all the shots you need from Craig's tour. Do yourself a favour if you want to visit Scotland and book with Craig, you won't regret it!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank c b
CraigF, Owner at Mini Day Tours Scotland, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write this very kind review. Very much enjoyed the time touring with you both. Regards, Craig.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were delighted with the day trip that Craig organised for us around Edinburgh. He is professional, pleasant and very knowledgeable. Very much recommended.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank OliviaM21
Thanks for the review and great to hear you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh with me. Regards, Craig
Regina, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Had a fantastic time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We took a one day private tour with Craig. Craig is awesome! Before booking he was prompt in answering all my questions. He put together an itinerary that fit our time frame. He is very knowlegeable with the history & culture of the areas. He is also very attentive, friendly and has a great sense of humour! We visited Rosslyn Chapel, Stirling Castle, Doune Castle and also drove to the edge of the highlands. We were able to take all the time we needed at each stop and never felt rushed. Our only regret is that we didn't book a longer tour. We will definitely book a longer tour next time!

Visited April 2012
Thanks for the review. Very much enjoyed our time in the Highlands and showing you round the castles. Regards, Craig.
New Boston, New Hampshire
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I cannot say enough about Craig Flynn and Mini-Tours ... We spent a day with him recently in SouthWest Scotland, visiting the little village where my grandfather was born (Auchencairn) and the surrounding area. We found Craig to be delightful and knowledgeable and made our day very special indeed. I feel that I now have a new friend in Scotland! I will not hesitate to contact him when I am ready to return!

Visited December 2012
Thanks for the review. A very interesting day showing you round the area of Dumfries and Galloway. Regards, Craig.
Danville, California
“Craig beats expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Recently I traveled with my wife on a business trip to Scotland. This was my first visit to this beautiful country. Craig took me on a solo tour of Edinburgh, nearby villages and the countryside. This was a delightful experience and I felt that I got a good crash course of the culture and history of the area. One of the highlights of the tour was having lunch with him in the oldest Pub in Scotland - the Sheep Heid Inn - a place patronized by Mary Queen of Scots and Bonnie Prince Charlie. Craig is truly best in class !! If you're looking for a high quality tour, Craig would be your man. Looking forward to visiting Scotland next year and touring with Craig.

Craig - thanks for making my trip to Scotland memorable. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Tom M.
Danville, Calif.

Visited December 2012
Thanks for the review. Always enjoy showing people the hidden gems of Edinburgh! Regards, Craig.