“Aaron Lodge”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very spacious and airy restaurant set in a lovely conservatory at the front of the building, initially thought would be too noisy as was very close to the A7 into Edinburgh, but wasn't at all, good food excellent service from hosts.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food & hospitality was to a very high standard we went on both nights of our stay, would highly recommend it, thank you the steak it was exceptional (Jackie & Wayne)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at Aaron Lodge this week to celebrate my birthday. My partner and I were given complimentary wine as soon as we were seated in the lovely conservatory dining area. The service we were given was first class and the food on both nights of our stay was the best we have had in a long time. I am normally fussy when it comes to meat and tend to stick with chicken dishes, however I decided to try the steak and Guiness pie which was tender lean meat and delicious. I have been to well known more expensive hotels through my job and found the food not half a s good as the food produced by Ronnie the Chef at the Aaron lodge. The warm welcome offered by Ted and Dot would be hard to beat anywhere else. In my opinion a journey from the centre of Edinburgh to the Aaron Lodge to dine is a worthwhile trip.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a normal place, not the best one in Edimburg!

The Aberdeen Beef was just ok (not the best one that I ate at Scotland) and the food was just ok, a bit below in the average of my travel.

Would not recommend it, such a long way to eat like that.

7  Thank Lucia F
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Wanted somewhere nice for Hubby's birthday and was intregyued by such wonderful reviews and have to say i was disappointed!! Firstly i don't believe the restaurant lived up to the hype. It was quite nice and good for a small guest house outside Edinburgh Centre but def. not number 1. I am sad that visitors to Edinburgh may think this is the best our fine city has to offer.

Food was Average to Good, Steak was excellent and chips were lovely. However i wasn't allowed them- i don't eat steak and tried to swap my potato for chips to be told, quite abruptly Chef wont do that.

In a pretty conservatory, nicely converted but next to a loud, busy and very visible road it just dosent have the atmosphere i was looking for and the service was ok but not spectacular like some of these reviews. Perhaps we went on an off day- just shame it was a Birthday )-:

2  Thank StinaEnever