“STUNNING, New cafe is incredible too! ”
Review of Jupiter Artland

Jupiter Artland
Ranked #43 of 397 things to do in Edinburgh
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Can't recommend this place enough. Discovered it earlier this year, and bought the annual family pass. It's amazing for just some tranquil walks through the forest & paths or to visit their new cafe Party that's just opened for lunch. If you like wholefoods and superfoods, their daily dishes or sandwiches /soup are brilliant. Possibly the best lunch I've had in Edinburgh area for years. It's a bit manic if you don't arrive early for lunch but worth the wait if you have to queue! Their cakes are to die for!

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"paths"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Brilliant day out here and surprised with a just under 4 year old we did stay a good 3/4 hours. The installations were really interesting and varied and something to appeal to everyone. Beautifully presented with really great mix of cultivated and nurtured areas alongside the wild flower and wooded areas. Definitely recommend wellies for the little ones and sensible shoes for adults! Included in the do's and don'ts is no picnics. I didn't realise this and bought a packed lunch along. However, as there is no designated picnic area people just plant themselves wherever they feel like it which in my mind spoils the whole concept. This was particularly noticeable around the Life Mounds and even in the courtyard right opposite the cafe. Like some other reviews I would hate this site to become really tacky and commercial but given the environment and setting I don't feel a few picnic tables hidden away in a wooded corner with a dustbin would be such a terrible thing. I did sadly find litter where we stopped to eat but took it with me alongside my own. Unfortunately some people just don't care!! Even taking my own refreshments didn't put me off considering the little caravan selling coffee etc but it was busy so didn't want to spend the time I had doing that. All the staff seemed friendly and helpful and the toilet facilities were great. Also enjoyed using the map to find our way about but a couple more signs would be useful even just to point you back to entrance or car park. We were asked twice how to get somewhere by other people who also had had maps! Really couldn't fault Jupiter for a visit. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank mazzystar1
Reviewed July 7, 2017

We have visited Jupiter several times and each time see something that we missed before. A beautiful, must visit place, fabulous sculptures, gorgeous little coffee shop and helpful friendly and knowledgable staff. On a good day there's nowhere better

1  Thank Smillie57
Reviewed June 29, 2017

This is a wonderful parkland, so different, from woodlands with sculptures, imaginative grass mounds to walk up and round,meadows and a pretty water garden. To finish our outing we had delicious lunch at the end of our stroll. no dogs or picnics allowed. (Dont know about guide dogs though)
The only thing missing was any seating for the less able

1  Thank emlh-35