“Great tour!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$66.08*
and up
Loch Ness, Highlands and Whisky Distillery Day...
Ranked #13 of 235 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Free Day Tour of the Scottish Highlands. We believe everyone should be able to discover the real Scotland, that’s why we pioneered the only Free tour of this beautiful wilderness; through the eyes of a passionate and knowledgeable, local tour guide. We pride ourselves on exceeding the expectations of our guests; maintaining a professional but relaxed approach, and ensuring every tour is entertaining, informative and utterly unique.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Being a student, leaves me with a tight budget. With that said, I can proudly state that The Hairy Coo was a great tour. Considering that it was free was even better. Don has so much enthusiasm and knowledge for his home that it truly rubbed off on me. Although we didn't see the Loch Ness, we did see other lochs that, in my opinion, were just as good. We went to Queen Elizabeth Forest Park (?), the closest highlands to Edinburgh, which was absolutely gorgeous. The Falkirk wheel was pretty spectacular too. Don't take my word for it. Go on the tour! You won't regret it! Oh and Aberfoyle was cute and quaint. Don knows his stuff!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,184)
All reviews
in 50 reviews
"driver guide"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed October 25, 2010

Although I had doubts to manage with my school English, the impressive scenery combined with well-balanced annotations was the highlight of our vacation.
Russell is approaching matters with an open mind, a sense of humor and he has quite a nice way with his guests. (Thank you for the hints that saved us from wasting money on mixed blessings).
I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone seeking impressions off the beaten track.
It was great bargain to take our children to see the world, but being in such a confined space I suggest calling ahead to reserve seats.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

It was perfect. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Perfect mix of sitting on the bus and walking around.

Absolutely perfect and an amazing way to see the Highlands for as much as you want to spend. If I had it, I would've given the guide 50 pounds!

Great.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

The tour was well planned and organized. The tour had many sights without having to spend too much time on the bus. Russell was knowledgable, enthusiastic, and a lot of fun. Thanks for such a great tour!! We had a great time!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2010

With humor, history, and hairy coos, this trip to the Highlands is the one to go on. As a visiting college student, the way this tour company runs things is ideal. Our guide, Donald, made it clear that it really was up to us what we wanted to pay, and then let the tour speak for itself. The charm and free spirited nature of the tour made it so memorable. Strangers became friends and we all enjoyed a lot of laughs along the way. It isn't just the beautiful scenery that made the trip spectacular. It was Scotland in a way that was real, authentic, nostalgic, and honest.

1  Thank nospmohtetak