Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:15 PM

from $177.92
from $51.40
from $117.30
6,172 results
All reviews ness bus loch ness our tour guide scottish history doune castle deanston distillery wallace monument day trip monty python great tour free tour scottish music highland tour isle of skye highland cows beautiful scenery would highly recommend this tour
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

I normally do not write reviews, however, this one is an exception. All in one trip I was able to visit my family and take this amazing tour. Callum was my tour guide and he was brilliant! Never a dull moment with being entertained and enjoying where I grew up going on vacations with my family it truly was a vacation to remember. I work in a luxury hotel here in the States as a Travel Industry Manager. I tell them about this trip and how if they should ever decide to go to Scotland to book The Hairy Coo and ask for Callum. It is a trip they will never forget!

Date of experience: October 2019
HairyCooTours, Guest Relations Manager at The Hairy Coo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi ZacharyAHB29,

Thank you for your 5* review of our fantastic 5-day tour where you had Callum as your driver-guide.

Unfortunately has moved on to pastures new and is no longer with the company, but I will be sure to forward your wonderful review to him.

I hope we see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Our drive/guide was very entertaining and knowledgable. A great driver! The tour stop points were interesting and our guide really knew his stuff. If you're looking for a dull quiet tour, this isn't for you. He played music on the bus and told us stories. The views were magnificent!

Hi Lulu321,

Thank you for your 5* review of The Hairy Coo.

It is great to hear you had a fun and informative day on tour with us.

I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

We enjoyed a lot a one night trip through out highlands. Colin was our guide, he was very funny, lots of great histories. We reccomend.

Hi Daniel M,

Thank you for your 5* review of our 2 Day tour where you had Colin as your guide.

It would appear that Colin his the spot whilst traversing through the country with his comical slant on all things Scottish.

I hope we see you on tour the next time you visit Scotland.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Would recommend it. The driver/tour guide was fun and helpful, with a bit of neutralized Scottish accent for all of the passengers to understand.

Hi hoccomi,

Thank you for your 5* review and recommendation of the Hairy Coo.

It is fantastic to learn that you had a fun time on tour with us and that you found your driver guide to be helpful.

See you again soon!!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

The stops are well chosen and interesting, the guide is very knowledgeable, but there is an issue: since he is both guide and driver, he always talk turned away from you, and the mic is just slightly too quiet. It becomes very hard to follow the complex histories he tells. It would help a lot if everyone got some leaflet with at least some basic points that he is talking about.
We got to the final stop already in pitch dark, and we couldn't see the natural reserve, since it was already night in the winter. It might make sense to change the itinerary regarding time of year.