“Russell was a very knowledgeable tour guide”
Review of The Hairy Coo

Ranked #16 of 259 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Scottish Highlands Tour Specialists. Our smaller group sizes give you an exclusive experience. You’ll see beautiful, remote places, get close to Scottish nature and hear stories about our exciting and fascinating history. All presented by your experienced, Scottish guide. Choose from one of our three 1-Day tours of the Scottish Highlands from Edinburgh, or join us for an unforgettable 3-Day tour of the Isle of Skye, Inverness & the Highlands!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hi Russell, it's Linda ! What a great day we had as you know I'm scottish,and I think the tour could benefit scots as well as tourist. I recommended the tour to my family and you will see them next week.Also thank you for going above and beyond to contact my sister who missed the bus, but she will take the tour next week. Definately A+

2  Thank LINDAPERRIN
TheDonEdinburgh, Owner at The Hairy Coo, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hello LINDAPERRIN,

Russell will be pleased to hear from you again. We agree that our tour can be of interest to our fellow Scots as well as our guests from around the world. Thank you for choosing to tour with us, we appreciate your custom and support.

The Hairy Coo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,655)
All reviews
in 66 reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I went on the St. Andrews/ Whiskey tour and had a great time. Our tour guide, Russell was fantastic. He knew so much history and was funny and engaging. My favorite stop was one I wasn't expecting; he took us to a pagan spiritual site, which was so beautiful and peaceful and like nothing I had ever experienced before. There were plenty of times to stop and get a snack, stretch our legs and make a rest stop, but each place we stopped also had something neat to see. I would definitely recommend this tour.

Hello Emily Z,

It is good to hear from you again. Thank you for posting such a charming review of your St Andrews and Whisky tour with Russell. That tour was designed with the same Hairy Coo philosophy as our Highlands tour and it is nice to know that you enjoyed the experience so much, especially the "pagan den". Your custom and support are sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Real fun tour and lets get out of Edinburgh and enjoy the real Scottish country side. Best part of the tour....has to be the Tour guides...based on past review I was excited about the tour guide and Nic was an absolute gem. She gauged what sort of group she had and she managed the whole trip absolutely wonderful. its very well managed and just a lot fun. The group is not that big so tend to enjoi it more. Did I mention its free, they do ask for tip at the end but its not like the push for it...and after such an amazing day and you want to tip them to show your appreciation.
Best thing is do this trip and do free royal mile tour, there are lot of young guides ready to give you a free trip for an hour or so and then do the literary pub tour. That's a day well spent in Scotland!!!

Hello Vj1285,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your Hairy Coo tour with Nic. She will be really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the experience so much.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We did the St. Andrews and Whiskey tour. This tour is not all about golf and whiskey. There is a ton of stuff about Scotland on this tour that isn't William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. Russell was our tour guide and he was extremely knowledgeable about Scottish history. He talked about everything from Roman times to modern day. He was funny and witty and gave us tons of info. Great time!!

1  Thank Justin Z
TheDonEdinburgh, Owner at The Hairy Coo, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Hello Justin Z,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your St Andrews & Whisky tour with Russell. It is really good to hear that you enjoyed the tour so much, as it complements our Highlands tour and is a great way to find out and experience so much more about Scotland. Your custom and support are sincerely appreciated.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I signed up for this tour because I saw such great reviews on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed! Duncan (our driver and co-owner) was a passionate Scotsman and a great story teller - he also didn't take him self too seriously so it was heaps of fun and lots of laughter too. I highly recommend this day out - you are off the bus as much if not more than you are on it and you are constantly entertained in a way that is genuine and sincere. You pay what it is worth - so do bring some cash to pay as these guys are out to give you a fantastic introduction to Scotland and are trying to build a rather unique business.

1  Thank CarolineSt

Hello CarolineSt,

Thank you so much for posting such an insightful and charming review of your Hairy Coo tour. It is really good to hear that you enjoyed the experience so much. Your custom, generosity and support are sincerely appreciated.

Best wishes,