“A fun day in the Highlands!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Hairy Coo - Free Scottish Highlands Tour
Ranked #3 of 194 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Free Day Tour of the Scottish Highlands. We believe everyone should be able to discover the real Scotland, that’s why we pioneered the only Free tour of this beautiful wilderness; through the eyes of a passionate and knowledgeable, local tour guide. We pride ourselves on exceeding the expectations of our guests; maintaining a professional but relaxed approach, and ensuring every tour is entertaining, informative and utterly unique.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Diego, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A fun day in the Highlands!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I, along with two of our friends, joined the Highlands tour on Tues. 4/17. Our tour guide was Jonathon, who was both entertaining and knowledgeable. We made several stops, and enjoyed so many sights that we would not have managed on our own! My favorite part was feeding the Hairy Coos, and my husband, being a Monty Python fan, loved visiting Doune Castle!
This tour was billed as tips only...you pay what you feel it was worth. There was never any pressure to pay more than you were comfortable with, which I appreciated. This trip was one of the highlights of our trip to Scotland! Highly recommend!

Visited April 2013
TheDonEdinburgh, Owner at The Hairy Coo - Free Scottish Highlands Tour, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello Char M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your Hairy Coo tour, it is really good to hear that you, your husband and your friends enjoyed the experience so much. I am sure Jonathan will be delighted. Your custom, support and recommendation are sincerely appreciated.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Antwerp, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best tourguides in Scotland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great tour, loved the guide! I'll definitely recommend it to all my friends who will ever come to Edinburgh! Definitely worth doing it.

Visited March 2013
Hello ekaterinakap,

Thank you for posting your review and photos. Your support and recommendation are greatly appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
“Best part of my trip to Edinburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My day with The Hairy Coo was funny, informative, and all around the best part of my trip. I came away not only having seen the sights of the Scottish Highlands but also understanding a great deal of the history behind them. Besides the fact that, as a student, the tips-only system is a benefit. Thanks, Russell, for a lovely day and I hope the business is successful for many years to come!

Hello Emily A,

Thank you for posting your review and photographs. Russell will be really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your tour so much.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing!! Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

It was the best day of my trip in Scotland and I really thank my friend for recommending ‘the Hairy coo” to me. I would advise the Hairy Coo tour to anyone. The places we visited were beautiful. I would definitely like to do it again and would tell you to try it on my experience as it’s worth it. Amazing Guide, he spoke throughout the day telling us about Scotland.

Visited March 2013
Hello Nisha B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your Hairy Coo tour. It is really good to hear that your friend's recommendation was of value to you and the experience lived up to expectations.
Your support and generosity are sincerely appreciated.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Day on the HAIRY COO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Four of us spent the day on the Hairy Coo on 13/04/13. Donald was our Guide and he was fantastic!!. His knowledge of Scottish History was not only 'spot on' but he was very entertaining. The tour was excellent taking us through lots of interesting and beautiful scenery and wee towns. There were plenty of stops to keep us going for coffee, food etc. We are four Scottish ladies who have travelled extensively in the Highlands but I would recommend this trip to everyone that I meet, regardless of Nationality!!! This is a must for anyone visiting our neck of the woods. Loved meeting the Hairy Coos too! Hamish was amazing!!!

Well done Donald and Russell....start a trip doing the Glencoe Area and we will be there!!!Thanks again for a 'FANDABBIDOZZI' Day!!!

Linda/Avril/Christine/Margaret/Edinburgh

1 Thank lindfar
Hiya lindfar,

It is really good to hear that you and your friends had such an enjoyable day out onboard The Hairy Coo, I remember the day very well. Thank you for taking the time out to write such a charming review, your custom and support are sincerely appreciated.

Best wishes,