“Good Food, Small Serve”

Oishii Scotland Casual Japanese Dining
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: Casual Japanese restaurant offering Sushi, Teppanyaki and Noodle dishes with our Japanese chef preparing fresh, made-to-order Sushi at the bar. Fully Licensed and outdoor seating during the summer months - great for people watching on the ever busy Rose Street.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Standard Japanese restaurant. Prices were a bit high for the general menu so I ordered a lunch set. The flavours were great, but there was nowhere near enough food. The whole lunch special was only really the size of an entree with a bit of rice. There are far better Japanese restaurants in Edinburgh.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went for lunch with my boyfriend, and we just happened to stumble upon this place on Rose street on our second day in Edinburgh. I agree with the last reviewee, that the menu us a little tatty, but everything else was great. The food was delicious and great value, service was friendly and speedy, it's small and comfy with a cosy atmosphere. We will be going back next time we have a hankering for good japanese food, and will try those gyoza that we saw the table next to us having (proper food envy)!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice little place, quite small but nice. We arrived just as they opened for evening service. It was a bit chilly and the menu was pretty tatty and had no pictures, which can be useful if your not sure what your ordering! Apart from that, the food was lovely! Really enjoyed it, we had sushi and some hot food and I enjoyed both.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've been to Oishi many many times. It's simply an amazing place to eat. Katsua happily serves up the freshest, tastiest sushi I've ever had. Staff are always friendly and helpful. My wife took her mother, who is very well travelled and a sushi maniac, on Saturday and created a new addict. If I could, I'd eat here almost every day. The whole menu is great but I particularly recommend the salmon sashimi and nigiri, prawn tempura and karrage. Miso soup is delicious, unlike any I've had.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Some of the best gyoza around, great sashimi and a chef who actually knows what he's doing :)

Staff are always friendly and they do some great lunchtime take away deals too.

Just bear in mind this is a very small restaurant - big groups don't work and if it's busy then it can be a bit chaotic, but that's just the charm of the place. And Katsuo (the owner) is a great laugh - if he's in you know you're in for a good chat and superb food!